Free Beer....well actualy 500# Kevlar Line

Started by Keta, March 02, 2019, 03:26:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keta

Due to problems in customs (like "misplaced" for 3 months)  I had to reorder some 500# Kevlar line, the day after the new order arrived the first order appeared in my mail box.  I ordered more than I needed and now I have twice as much as I ordered.  It's braided but not hollow and made in the PRC.

Does anyone need small amounts of this line for making assist hooks?  If I can get it in an envelope and send it regular mail I'll ship it for free, larger amounts I would like to be paid for shipping.  I think I can get 8'-10' in a envelope.

I'd like to mention the people I bought the line from went out of their way to communicate and get the replacement line to me rapidly.  I let them know the first order got here and paid them for both.  It's was nice to deal with a honest merchant in the PRC.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

conchydong

Lee, I make assist hooks for my own use and a small amount of Kevlar would be great. If you need me to send my address again, let me know and I'll do it via pm. You have sent me a item before so you may have it still.

Scott Pritchard

Ron Jones

The last envelope you sent me was full of short pieces, I'm not enjoying tying them. I'd love an envelope of long pieces. Let me know what I owe you.
The Man
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

TechTeach

I would take some for assist hooks.

Thanks for the offer.

Should I pm my address or do you have it from previous dog orders.

Thanks.
"Where's that damn dog spring??????"

CooldadE

Very generous of you Lee. I would like an envelope also...

Cool

PM inbound
I would rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6...

Porthos

Hi Lee,

I'll take a length of whatever you want to send.

Thanks!

Wai

Keta

I am trying to get it in the mail today.  Wai got the last of it.   

If there is a need I can get more or direct people to my source. 100' for $7.00 shipped.  The source is in the PRC but my dealing with them went smooth even though customs "lost" my first order for 2 months.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

steelfish

The Baja Guy

conchydong

Porthos

Hi Lee,

Can you forward the name of your supplier? Not sure if I need to go 500lb or something lower; would like to see what the options are.

Thanks,

Wai

Tiddlerbasher

I have been using this guy from Ebay

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Opass-Pro-V1-Kevlar-40-500lb-6m-Hollow-Braided-Fishing-Assist-Line/160877982563?epid=865568769&hash=item2575133363:g:sG8AAOxyPLpRff2l

This braid is hollow and splices well. I use it for pike and rock fishing in fact anywhere where teeth are involved.