I need information on a 2052

Started by Steve V., May 02, 2024, 04:03:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

foakes and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Steve V.

Hello,

Can anyone tell me what the clones are for the Shakespeare 2052? I need the screw that holds the level wind lever to the drive gear assembly. The screw is part X18 (left hand thread).

Thanks,

Steve

Steve V.

Quote from: Midway Tommy on May 02, 2024, 04:56:01 AMEarly versions (Es) Shakespeare 2052, Pflueger 550, HI 1945 & Eagle Claw ECL...later versions (Ds) Ted Williams III.

Thanks!!

Midway Tommy

Have you tried a screw From a 2062 to see if it will fit?

Clones (same reels & parts) of the Shakespeare 2052  early versions (Es) Pflueger 550, HI 1945 & Eagle Claw ECL...later versions (Ds) Ted Williams III.
Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)

foakes

I should have a screw for you, Steve —-

Just need to look through some bins later this morning.

N/C.

Best, Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Steve V.

Quote from: foakes on May 02, 2024, 02:28:32 PMI should have a screw for you, Steve —-

Just need to look through some bins later this morning.

N/C.

Best, Fred

Thanks Fred. I got two of these reels for one parts reel price because they are both locked up and one needs a bail spring.

foakes

Here is the screw for that 2052, Steve —-

Along with a bail spring.

This is basic reel repair 101 —- errors that most of us have done at one time, or another.

We figure since the reel is cruddy inside —- that the 5/16" hex head steel screw is just stuck to the bronze main gear.

So we force it since we have it in a socket or a nut driver —- not realizing until too late that it goes on counter-clockwise and comes off clockwise.

Screw snaps off in the main.

When disassembling vintage reels —- always be aware of this possibility of a reverse-threaded keeper screw.

Tread carefully, because these are not easy parts to find anywhere, for any price — without some effort, and luck, and waiting.

Send me your address, and I will send it out tomorrow.  N/C.

Best, Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Steve V.

Quote from: foakes on May 02, 2024, 05:41:26 PMHere is the screw for that 2052, Steve —-

Along with a bail spring.

This is basic reel repair 101 —- errors that most of us have done at one time, or another.

We figure since the reel is cruddy inside —- that the 5/16" hex head steel screw is just stuck to the bronze main gear.

So we force it since we have it in a socket or a nut driver —- not realizing until too late that it goes on counter-clockwise and comes off clockwise.

Screw snaps off in the main.

When disassembling vintage reels —- always be aware of this possibility of a reverse-threaded keeper screw.

Tread carefully, because these are not easy parts to find anywhere, for any price — without some effort, and luck, and waiting.

Send me your address, and I will send it out tomorrow.  N/C.

Best, Fred

Thanks Fred!!!! I have learned two valuable lessons. First, find a video or post that shows how to do what I am getting ready to do. Why reinvent the wheel. Second, with an old reel that has dried up/gunked up grease in it spray some penetrant in it to soften everything and scrape as much out as I can with toothpicks and/or cotton swabs before any teardown. I'll PM you my address.

Thanks again!,

Steve

foakes

Everything packed and ready to ship tomorrow, Steve —-

Included screw, bail spring, bail, and tape for your DQ 5001.

Best, Fred

--------

Fred O.