Clicker failed, found this...

Started by nelz, April 04, 2019, 08:44:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nelz

So the clicker on my 505HS Jigmaster suddenly failed; I opened her up and found this. So... how the heck do I fix this? I don't see anything to hold it in place (on the spool).

1badf350

Isn't that click gear supposed to be attached to the spool
-Chris

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
John Wayne as J.B. Books in "The Shootist"

nelz

Quote from: 1badf350 on April 04, 2019, 09:20:09 PM
Isn't that click gear supposed to be attached to the spool

Bingo!

That's the problem, it just slides back on and there's no clip or anything to hold it in place. I think maybe it was welded on. ???

Maxed Out

...here's how to fix it......pm your address and I'll send you a couple new 505 aluminum spools......no charge......I have no use for them. I'll toss in a nice 505 gear set too.

Ted
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Darin Crofton

Quote from: Maxed Out on April 04, 2019, 09:52:41 PM
...here's how to fix it......pm your address and I'll send you a couple good 505 aluminum spools......no charge

Ted
Ted to the rescue, Ohana at work...
God, Family and Fishing, what else is there?

nelz

...here's how to fix it......pm your address and I'll send you a couple good 505 aluminum spools......no charge
Ted

Wow. Just WOW. I am floored by the generosity of the people on this site. Your offer hit me so totally by surprise Ted!

broadway

Ted, doesn't surprise me much any more... he's constantly giving parts and reels ...and is chock full of knowledge.
Class act move as usual, Ted.
Dom

Tiddlerbasher

Frank

...here's how to fix it......pm your address and I'll send you a couple new 505 aluminum spools......no charge......I have no use for them. I'll toss in a nice 505 gear set too.

Ted

Jeez, what a generous move. You are truly a very nice person.

Frank
Frank. Retired. Life long fishing and boating fanatic.

Donnyboat

Good work Ted, OHANA for sure, Great forum Alan, really good people here, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

redsetta

Quote...really good people here...
x2 - the best.
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

Maxed Out

All right enough already before my head explodes lol

Thanks to all for the kind words, but these were spools I had no plans on ever using and all my jiggys are 500 models. Glad to see them go to someone here that'll use them instead of collecting dust

Justin, I still have something coming your way, but may still be a while before it happens. Stay tuned

Ted
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Bryan Young

You could also clean the parts and braze the clicker on the spool shaft.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Reel 224

After spending time and effort, you can just put it back on and center punch it in four spots and it will be fixed. If you don't understand what I'm saying Then I'll take a picture to show you.

Joe
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

redsetta

Quote...Stay tuned.
Thanks Ted!
Now I've got to figure out how to 'balance the ledger' ;) ;D
Cheers mate
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer