Baja, its not always about fishing time

Started by steelfish, April 11, 2019, 12:51:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

steelfish

well, it was that time of the year again.
the Baja San Felipe 250 SCORE international off-road race.

Im not much into the off-road races but hey! part of the road where the Trophy Trucks run, jump and throw dust is about 15 minutes WALKING from my house so, I had to go LOL

its a nice party and show that starts one day before the races, where all the teams need to go to to have their trucks checked to pass the inspection and run the next day and of course the main thing is the actual race.
I will post some pics I personally took, nothing impresive cuz they where took with a cell phone, hope you like them

The Baja Guy

steelfish

few more
The Baja Guy

steelfish

more
The Baja Guy

steelfish

last ones
The Baja Guy

Bill B

That's pretty cool Alex.  Growing up and just getting into cars, a dream was to build a Baja Bug and race, but dreams don't always happen, but it's good to watch others have fun....Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

Hardy Boy

looks like fun and way better weather than here. Wish I was there to see it ......................... and then go fishing !!

Cheers:

Todd
Todd

Crow

There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

steelfish

Quote from: Bill B (Tarfu) on April 11, 2019, 01:40:36 AM
That's pretty cool Alex.  Growing up and just getting into cars, a dream was to build a Baja Bug and race, but dreams don't always happen, but it's good to watch others have fun....Bill

I wasnt born here, but I also always wanted a Baja Bug too, not to race but to ride on the desert roads, that changed when I got more into fishing, now all my money goes to fishing reels LOL

click the link  https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=6&v=2ewGRB-eIgE

its pretty impresive to see those big Trophy trucks running at 60-100mph near from you with those big 1300hp motors, in average a big truck for the Baja off-road races cost 1'000,000 dlls, yep 1 million USD.
there were 45 million dollars running in from of me that day, not counting the smaller cars that are pretty expensive too.

this is a non official video from the 2019 race, basically is like been there without eating all the dust

Quote from: Hardy Boy on April 11, 2019, 03:27:23 PM
looks like fun and way better weather than here. Wish I was there to see it ......................... and then go fishing !!
Cheers:
odd
I have friends that coordinate the dates of the off-road races with fishing, they come to see the races and fish the next day (if weather alloys)

The Baja Guy

Ron Jones

Worked on a bunch of bugs and trucks that went down there, never went down to actually watch. Probably should be on my bucket list.
Ron Jones
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Fishy247

Those are pretty cool Primo, but where are the rod racks?

Benni3