Mangos and More

Started by Newell Nut, May 22, 2019, 09:42:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newell Nut

Weather was nice yesterday so took my wife out on her first trip on the Stress Free. She got a mango and a mutton of her own to really make a great day. We had mangos up in the water and on the bottom. Sal's new 9/0 was hanging off the side with a live grunt and got big shark on it. The drag would not let him get far. The reel is awesome. We saw a tournament fisherman's dream wahoo about 7 feet long. It circled the boat several times while on a mango spot. It would not touch the live grunt but my buddy dropped over a sardine on a 40 lb leader and it took that snack and made a couple more circles and then left. We left biting fish to get back and clean the boat up and then get all the fish processed.

Dwight

Fishy247

Sounds like an awesome trip! Mango fishing is the #1 thing I miss about Florida....*super jealous*

Keep those reports coming!

steelfish

I wanna be like you when I grow up
The Baja Guy

Newell Nut

Quote from: steelfish on May 22, 2019, 11:02:33 PM
I wanna be like you when I grow up

Be patient amigo and things work out. I just turned 70 so it takes patience.
Dwight

Dominick

Love it Dwight, living la dolce vita.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Benni3

That's some nice looking fish,,,,,fantastic job,,,,,,, ;D

Alto Mare

Wow look at that fish! Another great report!
I'm glad the 9/0 is doing it's job, the custom washers were cut on my new toy this time
https://i.imgur.com/d78NOrc.jpg
Not a lot of effort, as it used to take and cane out perfect.

Keep sharing your adventures... love it!

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

conchydong

You are killing it Dwight. Grays, Muttons and a Jack and King for good measure. We need a Ace and a 10 fish fish as we already have Queen Snappers. That would make a interesting Royal flush.
The bottom has slowed up south of you. The full moon Mutton spawn only yielded a few barely short ones for us.

Newell Nut

Quote from: conchydong on May 24, 2019, 12:09:52 AM
You are killing it Dwight. Grays, Muttons and a Jack and King for good measure. We need a Ace and a 10 fish fish as we already have Queen Snappers. That would make a interesting Royal flush.
The bottom has slowed up south of you. The full moon Mutton spawn only yielded a few barely short ones for us.

We do not get a lot of muttons but we have a few nice ones that seem to hang around the big mangos here all summer.