Monterey Bay yellowtail?

Started by alantani, May 23, 2019, 02:57:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alantani

Out with Gary Phillips and Tom Dembski this morning and caught this.
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

smnaguwa

Wow! Sashimi from Monterey bay. Global warming?

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Alan, did you think that you had the biggest, baddest salmon in the world?

Next trip you will have to target the bluefin and wsb to complete the new Monterey Bay Grand Slam!

foakes

The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Ron Jones

I love the dumbfounded look on the Boss' face!
Ron Jones
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

David Hall

I heard rumors of one of these being caught this year.  apparently its no longer just a rumor.

akfish

I worry when I see this sort of thing. Why are yellowtail that far north? Is something happening to the weather and water temperature? We now catch large squid in SE Alaska that has never happened before. And the king salmon are all but missing...
Taku Reel Repair
Juneau, Alaska

MarkT

Poor thing was lost. Probably thought he was heading to Cedros.

I've heard one caught in Southern Alaska during a strong el nino.
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

Dominick

I don't worry about why they are there just that they're there.  In all my Mexico fishing experience Yellowtail are still on my bucket list.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Fishy247

Nice one! I've heard reports of several being caught on skiffs this year, as well as a rumor of a commercial salmon boat putting 30 of them on the deck. Pretty cool that they're still around, even after all this NW wind we've been getting.

Very cool!

David Hall

I require specific details, chief.  where did you launch from what area of the Bay did you catch it? and what were you using for bait? trolling? Casting?  if I had to guess I'd say he launched in Santa Cruz and fished on the southwest side of the hole?

Alto Mare

That's a nice one boss, good job!

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Keta

Wow!  I hope they were heading to Oregon
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

foakes

Where there is one — there are many more.

Be fun to target them!

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.