Channel Lock Retaining Ring Pliers

Started by mo65, June 08, 2019, 07:26:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mo65

Have you ever wondered why you went so long without a proper tool? Maybe cost...but in my case here...20 bucks ain't an excuse! I think back to how many times I've struggled with the piece of #@%& snap ring pliers I've been using, all the skinned fingers, so unnecessary! I'm stoked to try these Channel Locks...prolly end up tearing apart a reel that doesn't even need it! ;D
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

Crow

You'll love 'em ! Being a mechanic for my whole working career, I've got a whole tool box full of *just about* every kind of snap ring removing tool, that ever was. A "small" set of the "convertible " pliers, with the replaceable tips is a good addition to any ones tool kit. Besides speeding up the process, they cut WAY down on those ,"Where in heck did it go !", episodes...and also,much safer....I've had more than one ring go, "PING !!" off the lens of my safety glasses! Which, by the way, is another "tool* that should be in every ones kit ! And, they only work when you wear them ;)!
There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

oc1

Dang.  You mean you don't HAVE to put up with the points bending and rounding over? Dang.
-steve