First post... well actually second haha

Started by Surf Slayer, June 27, 2019, 12:35:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Surf Slayer

Hello everyone,

My name is Demetrius. I am 26 and recently relocated to central Florida. Like anyone who moves to Florida, I have been throughly been enjoying the beach. After multiple beach visits I started paying more attention to the surf fishermen and thought I'd buy a cheap rod and reel to try it out. Well 3 months and about $1000 later, I am a full blown saltwater fishing addict! I spend most of my free time out fishing on the beach. I also do a little inshore fishing and would like to start doing more in my kayak. The surf fishing has just been so fun that i haven't ventured outside of that much. I have been using spinning reels (daiwa bg and penn battle 2), but now am looking to invest in a large conventional reel for some shore based shark fishing. I am a very adventurous and sportsman like guy, so this is right up my alley. I'd love to get into some offshore fishing but don't have access to a boat yet.

I joined this page because I am very much a hands on person when it comes to my gear. I enjoy breaking it down, cleaning it, repairing it and upgrading it myself. This forum has so much knowledge it's incredible. I found this site because I am currently looking to buy a Penn Senator 10/0, and most of the information I could find on it was here. I look forward to being an active member of this forum and furthering both my fishing and gear knowledge.

I have primarily been fishing along the central east coast of Florida (Titusville, Cape Canaveral, Cocoa, ect.),  so give me a shoutout if you want to hook up and do some fishing.

Crow

There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

happyhooker

Greetings, SS, from Minnesota.  Glad you're aboard; plenty of info & good conversation here.

Frank

Surf Slayer

Surf Slayer

Quote from: happyhooker on June 27, 2019, 01:04:41 AM
Greetings, SS, from Minnesota.  Glad you're aboard; plenty of info & good conversation here.

Frank

I believe it! I haven't been here but a few hours and already people have been friendly and helpful. I'm glad i found this site

alantani

and so it begins......  welcome!!!!   ;D
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Surf Slayer

Quote from: alantani on June 27, 2019, 01:20:47 AM
and so it begins......  welcome!!!!   ;D

so it has! I have hit the ground running much to my bank account's dismay. Glad to be here!

swill88

Welcome... Great post on the 10/0.  Thanks.

Steve

Benni3

AC49

Welcome Demetrius  :)

From Cape Town South Africa

Regards
AC49

Bryan Young

Welcome!

Fishing is very addictive but catching is the hook of a lifetime!

:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Darin Crofton

God, Family and Fishing, what else is there?

Captain64-200

Fred from Biarritz ,

Hardy Boy

welcome and cheers !! You will be doing more reel work and mods than you ever dreamed of now.

Todd
Todd