Cabo 100 repair question

Started by El Cazador, June 30, 2019, 11:31:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

El Cazador

I have 4 Cabo 100's

2 of them have started to stick, one at the top dead center & one at bottom dead center of rotation.

I have tried replacing the following (with no success)
- Shaft
- Pinion/drive gear
- O/S slider assembly

I have disassembled (multiple times...arggg!)/cleaned & greased

Could it be the O/S gear? if so, (after screw is removed) how do you remove that gear?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Rivverrat

These are good reels & worth the effort to keep going in a lot cases. I'm sorry to say it's been a while since I've been inside one. Some one will be along shortly to help you sort this... Jeff

alantani

i wish i could help.  i might be best to just send these in to zebco......   :-\
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

El Cazador

My heart sinks....when I see YOUR post... :(

Ok, I will send  back & will report back what command central reports :

alantani

well, for something like this, i wouldn't go just by me.  spinning reels take a certain mind set, and it's something i just don't have.  we have a couple of guys here that work on them quite a bit.  it's just that they change up so fast, year to year.  really tough to keep up!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Three se7ens

Id bet you got the shims mixed up, and the main and pinion gears arent meshing properly.  What sucks is, at this point, all you can do is experiment until you find what was right.  Its a tedious process, but can be done.  The shims will go between the main bearings and the main gear, and on top of the front pinion bearing.

https://www.quantumfishing.com/partsfinder put in your model number to see the schematic and parts list.