Very Strange Mag 970

Started by Maxed Out, August 26, 2017, 06:33:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darin Crofton

Quote from: thorhammer on November 29, 2018, 03:53:16 PM
It's Kill Devil Hills. Neither of you two need those reels in Fla or Wash state and need send them home to me in NC where they will get to go home on the OBX. Ryan White, owner of Hatteras Jack B&T down the Banks in Rodanthe, custom mags like this. He is the dealer for Century; his father taught me to cast conventional surf rod behind the shop 25 years ago.
How cool is that? Learning from those before you is the way to go, and great memories too ;D
God, Family and Fishing, what else is there?

Pelagicide

I've been looking for the part to put the mag adjustment knob out there if you want to get rid of it! Can't find anyone who has it

thorhammer

Call Hatteras Jacks in Rodanthe; Ryan can help you possibly help. He designed the cast control for Siegler I believe.

Pelagicide

Actually I spoke to him yesterday afternoon and he couldn't help me. He said if I sent him the reel he could do it but if I didn't want to send it to him he could not/would not give me any useful information. I chatted with the guy at Blakdog tackle and he said he couldn't help me unless I sent him the side plate and that he thought I would not get enough magnet travel to do anything.
So that's off the project list right now,  I don't know what else I can do- I changed the bearings but other than that... I am not skilled enough nor have the knowledge to do a double dog. Putting in a stainless steel bridge is within my skill set but I don't think it's worth it with that reel.
I think I might just get a Fathom and pay Ryan the $65 to put a monomag in it.

1badf350

Pelagicide check your PMs
-Chris

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
John Wayne as J.B. Books in "The Shootist"