South Bend Classic 930

Started by Midway Tommy, August 21, 2019, 11:09:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

festus

Good deal, Mo.  Don't blame you for leaving the original lube as is.

I've had this 925 that was cheap as a parts reel for several months now.  It's missing the line roller and more bail parts.  Might take a couple years or longer to find what I need.

mo65

Quote from: festus on February 12, 2020, 07:00:34 PM
I've had this 925 that was cheap as a parts reel for several months now.  It's missing the line roller and more bail parts.  Might take a couple years or longer to find what I need.

Chester,
   You may want to check with Fred...he has a big lot of SB parts. He sent me a care package of parts, but I can't find many bail items. I do have a few trip brackets...some plunger sleeves, and assorted main shafts. Most of what I have are bearings, drags, screws and such. Hang onto that reel though, might even to be able to sub in parts from a Shakey Royal Maroon or an 8000 series Daiwa.
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

rmagnus

Quote from: mo65 on February 12, 2020, 07:43:36 PM
Quote from: festus on February 12, 2020, 07:00:34 PMI've had this 925 that was cheap as a parts reel for several months now.  It's missing the line roller and more bail parts.  Might take a couple years or longer to find what I need.

Chester,
  You may want to check with Fred...he has a big lot of SB parts. He sent me a care package of parts, but I can't find many bail items. I do have a few trip brackets...some plunger sleeves, and assorted main shafts. Most of what I have are bearings, drags, screws and such. Hang onto that reel though, might even to be able to sub in parts from a Shakey Royal Maroon or an 8000 series Daiwa.

Who is this Fred you speak of, and how do I contact the gentleman?

thorhammer

He's foakes here on the forum. Post what you are looking for in the wanted to buy section; he's a moderator and will see it. A gentleman and scholar.

happyhooker

Greetings, rmagnus, from Minnesota. I see you are relatively new to the AT site.  Hopefully, another spinning reel admirer.

Frank

Midway Tommy

If I remember right Fred got rid of all those South Bend parts. I think MO got most of them.
Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)

foakes

Quote from: Midway Tommy on February 01, 2024, 04:50:27 PMIf I remember right Fred got rid of all those South Bend parts. I think MO got most of them.

A few of our good members got a large box each —- but I still have around 30 pounds left in a large 27 quart bin.

But they are not numbered —- just in plastic bags —- and I would need a reel on one of my benches to do parts matching.

Other option is that I have drawers and drawers of various parts organized into what type of part they are —- likely matches.

However, without a reel to do a part fitment match —- I would not know if they would fit, or not.

If someone wants a bunch (all of these) of new old stock SouthBend parts —- just let me know.  $95, and I will cover the shipping.

Best, Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.