Couple of Good Finds

Started by foakes, September 30, 2019, 05:03:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

foakes

Attended a antique swap meet in downtown Clovis, CA -- yesterday.

Looked at around 300 booths and tables + went through a couple of the established antique shops.

Had a late lunch/early dinner at Toledo's, afterwards.  Tamale, Salad, Taco, Beans, Rice, Salsa & Chips.

Generally, I like to get a (3) item combination -- then just ask for a box up front -- for the Chile Colorado Burrito -- which is today's lunch.

Not much tackle -- and what was there was 3 times the price it should be -- or just a bunch of junk for folks who may not know anything about tackle.

Found a perfectly operating Shakespeare 2065 Spin Wonder from 1960 -- $5.

And a Penn Surfmaster 200 size, with an aluminum spool, in a 155 blue & white box -- for $10.

Hard to pass those up.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Crow

Sounds like a great way to spend an afternoon !
There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

Midway Tommy

Can't beat the price on that 2065, it looks to be in really nice shape!

Lunch sounds good, too!

BTW, if you have an old nasty broken down 2064 or 2065 laying around in your tubs with most parts & a good handle I could sure use one to complete a decent parts reel I've been trying to find a couple of parts for. I'm missing the handle & a couple of innards.
Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)

Ron Jones

That Surfmaster looks like it could be fun. Especially with that aluminum spool.
The Man
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

foakes

If I run across one, Tommy -- I will send it out -- N/C.

But I think that the only ones I have are complete and operational.

If we get lucky, I may run across something -- but no promises right now...

I am in the process of remodeling my small 14' X 12' upstairs shop.

The reels that I restore and work on for folks, will be the main or only focus of the shop.

These will include DAM Quick, Penn, Mitchell, & ABU/Zebco Cardinals.

Built shelves and cupboards -- and 95% of what is up here will be complete reels, parts, spools, cleaning stations, line winding station, benches, receiving and shipping station, tools and supplies, and my personal reels.

Everything else will go out to the outer shop, storage, or gotten rid of in various ways.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

happyhooker

Sometimes you gotta sort thru the chaff to get to the grain....

Frank