Alan Tani 11th anniversary crab and rock cod charter

Started by mikeysm, September 21, 2019, 06:41:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

jlezama

Quote from: pjstevko on September 28, 2019, 06:18:58 PM
Does the $150 payment include fish cleaning?????
Hi PJ
The cost is only for the boat ride, $150, please bring 16-2" dollars if you want your fish cleaned and for tipping the deckhand
Juan

jlezama

Just a gentle reminder:
The cost of the trip is $150 this ONLY includes the boat ride (it is a crab combo), it does NOT include fish cleaning. Bring 15-20 dollars if you wish to have your fish cleaned and as a tip to the deckhand
Thanks
Juan

pjstevko

Quote from: jlezama on September 28, 2019, 07:43:15 PM
Just a gentle reminder:
The cost of the trip is $150 this ONLY includes the boat ride (it is a crab combo), it does NOT include fish cleaning. Bring 15-20 dollars if you wish to have your fish cleaned and as a tip to the deckhand
Thanks
Juan

ok thanks for the clarification

Bill B

Well I asked the One Who Runs the House and she said I could go, but one condition.....she wants to make it a road trip, which means she will shop while I fish 😱  Juan my PP will be coming shortly.  So now there is a logistics issue to figure out....where can we stay for two nights that won't break the bank, as it's a 7 hour drive, and we will need to process any crab caught for the drive home......Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

pjstevko

Quote from: Bill B (Tarfu) on October 29, 2019, 01:33:03 AM
Well I asked the One Who Runs the House and she said I could go, but one condition.....she wants to make it a road trip, which means she will shop while I fish 😱  Juan my PP will be coming shortly.  So now there is a logistics issue to figure out....where can we stay for two nights that won't break the bank, as it's a 7 hour drive, and we will need to process any crab caught for the drive home......Bill

Glad to hear you'll be joining us Bill! I look forward to meeting you

Bill B

Same here brother...we were thinking about an airbnb for the two nights....that as I have a Stove to boil the crabs on......Bill

Swami805

Any spots left? I might be able to swing this one
Do what you can with that you have where you are

alantani

jlezama

jlezama

Quote from: Bill B (Tarfu) on October 29, 2019, 01:33:03 AM

Hi Bill
        Your best bet are airbnb's near the area, I know there are a couple in el granada (where the docks are) or in Half moon bay. There are two motels near the harbor but they are pretty pricey for what they are. Along the road (hwy 1) from HMB to el granda the is a comfort inn, la quinta and a quality inn, but most options will be at least 130/night. Let me think of some other options, but in the meantime, anyone else has suggestions?
Thanks
Juan

Bill B

Much appreciated for any input brother. Looking forward to this trip. Hope Sheridan can make it, enjoyed fishing with him in Santa Barbara earlier this month.   Bill

Fishy247

Hey Bill, unless things have changed in HMB, they offer crab processing in the harbor. I've never gone this route myself, but they will cook the crab for you. You can double check with the landing.

Mike

alantani

it might be possible to set up a propane burner and pot.  cleaning crag at the harbor is easier.  we'll talk about that as the trip gets closer. 

jlezama

Thats a great Idea! we can have a couple of crab crackr's (or whatever they are called), we can have a processing line, couple of beers and we will be set to go!
Juan