Pluton Question (Nessie??)

Started by flyforfish21, November 11, 2011, 09:21:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

flyforfish21

Tried to shim it up a bit, and no luck so far. It was just a quick try before i had to go into work today. So i'll give it another go next time i have some time. Thanks!

Nessie, playing with the reel today, that sound is still there, though much fainter and only at higher speeds. I'm really thinking it has to do with the plastic gear B rubbing the plate A and also plate C. Seems the plastic gear(B) on the drive shaft wobbles to one side under faster handle speeds. Kinda weird. I just realized they replaced the spool bearing because i took off the seal (they listed it as damaged ::))...lol...and man do they grease the heck out of the worm shaft!

Anyways, thanks guys!!!

Geoff

inhotpursuit

Finally my new Daiwa T3 1016HL-TW replacement showed up (the first one had to be returned because of a problem with the 3D cast control) its was a very expensive reel JPY 35,000 , the pinion bearing was really noisy and even with repacking the bearing was clicking like crazy  ??? the left side spool bearing was also noisy not a problem because i immediatly replaced the spool bearings with ceramics, i expected more from a JDM product  and could have bought a USDM T3 ballistic for half the price and upgraded the bushings for bearings, both reels are made in Thailand i wonder if the bearings are also?

phishxxii

I just inherited a Pluton 200SH for a service.After cleaning and lubing I noticed that when the thumb bar was pressed it went to freespool but wouldn`t engage when the handle was turned.After opening the reel I performed the same procedures and noticed the clutch trip wasn`t going in the channel to engage the clutch wheel.  The clutch spring looks good. What can be the problem?

phishxxii

Just realized that the plastic clutch cam was cracked.Ordering a new one. Now if I can figure out how to remove the left side plate to get the spool out I`ll be all right.