New custom seats for jigmaster, squidder, surfmaster, etc

Started by Maxed Out, February 08, 2020, 08:00:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alantani

is anybody still making stainless steel bars?   :-\
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Maxed Out

Quote from: RUSTY OLD COLT on February 09, 2020, 06:37:09 PM
Will these work on the newell 200 size also ? I remember a few years back somebdy was fitting penn reel seats to some of the newell reels.

The 3 seat sizes are 49, 66, 500....this is the stamped number on stock Penn seat. I know zilch about Newell, but I'm betting Sheridan and a few others would know which seat fit some newell models
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Maxed Out

Quote from: alantani on February 09, 2020, 06:47:30 PM
is anybody still making stainless steel bars?   :-\

Not 100% sure, but I think that guy selling stainless posts on eBay is no longer doing them. I'm just using stock Penn frame posts. It would be nice for someone to make us a bunch

RowdyW

SS cross bars for the 500/501 were made by Black Pearl. I don't know what is still available.        Rudy

Maxed Out

The new seats will also fit a multitude of stock Penn reels

Here are just a couple examples.  Long beach 66, and a 49

Swami805

Should fit a 200 series I believe, lots of possibilities
Can't say enough about Ted's 4/0 kits. Something special. If you don't have one get one before they're gone
Do what you can with that you have where you are

mo65

These are really cool Ted...can't wait to see what all is available and pricing. Great work! 8)
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

swill88

Looks great Ted.  How do these compare to your previous seats? (mine are still packed)

Steve

Maxed Out

Quote from: Swami805 on February 09, 2020, 08:29:24 PM
Should fit a 200 series I believe, lots of possibilities
Can't say enough about Ted's 4/0 kits. Something special. If you don't have one get one before they're gone

Thanks Sheridan. I do have the Newell reel you sent me a while back and will see if a seat fits. Funny thing is I was putting a 113 kit together as you were posting. These 3 piece yts frame kits are the last of the mohicans. Machining, polishing, and anodizing all the separate pieces is too costly to make any more feasible. I had Tom make the yts seats for 22 sets of spacer bars that are from my previous machinist and been collecting dust for 2+ years. I have 7 kits of each color(red,silver,black), and once those are gone I have no plans to make more. The yts seat can also be used with regular frame posts (99 width) in place of the spacer bars

Colors are silver,black and red.

Just put this black Cortez yts together

Maxed Out

Quote from: swill88 on February 09, 2020, 09:18:31 PM
Looks great Ted.  How do these compare to your previous seats? (mine are still packed)

Steve

Hi Steve, good question !!

These seats have the tongue built in. My previous yts seats had separate tongues. I believe these are better having the seat and tongue as one solid piece, other than that they are the same dimensions etc

thorhammer

Not sure about SS, but Chui (Pro Challenger) also has aluminum bars for squidder / 100- I have a set on my Sal Special 100 which will soon have a Maxed Out stand. They are very nice. Alan has also been great to deal with- calls me to check on my orders and chastise me for having his pretty reels sitting on a shelf instead of fishing. That's changing :)

Ted's been sending me pics of this sweet project the last few days- I'm looking over inventory to see what else will be needing these jools.....

John

Maxed Out

Very busy, but still squeeze in time to build another Cortez jigmaster with the new seat. Still more to come !!

Maxed Out

...and a standard 500 width cortez jigmaster. Stock jigmaster sideplates will also work great with the new seats

thorhammer

Back to Alan's question: as far as SS standard round posts, I think they are available stock from Mystic in the 99 width as they are used on new- manufacture 209's, which uses -66 width stand. I built a 99 thusly a couple months back with the new parts.

xjchad

Wow, thanks for the eye candy!!!
Husband, Father, Fisherman