A taste of Jersey chunking culture...

Started by Decker, March 11, 2020, 05:57:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Decker

Rivverrat

A true character & a living, walking, contradiction of terms... Jeff

oc1

Oh Lord that is so good.  Thank you Joe.
-steve

CW33919

Made my day, week, and month!  Thanks so much for posting it.
Best,
Chris
'I've read dozens of books about heroes and crooks and have learned much from both of their styles"

Decker

Glad you all enjoyed that!   Welcome to my neck of the woods  ;D

Gfish

Yo! I love dis guy!
I could spend a few entertaining hours fishin with him, might be fun to "bait" him by tossin lures and listening to his rant. Don't know about a 20 hr. soak, though.
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

CW33919

And just remember, his Dad didn't fight in WWII so you can go stand on rocks and throw a Yo-zuri...... ;D
'I've read dozens of books about heroes and crooks and have learned much from both of their styles"

festus

Rivverrat

If I'm soaking baits for 20 hours with nothing to show for it ?  I could rattle off many thoughts & questions that would be running through my mind.  I'd have a hard time seeing it as achieving any high level of merit or status.  However these little caveats are what makes this fella such a benchmark, unique character... Jeff

nelz

I caught my first big striper on a 3/4 ounce Kastmaster, Penn 712, 10lb test line. Threw the lure into a school of breaking bunker in a raging inlet current. Fought it a good 15 minutes from the sandy shore. 33 lbs. But, hey, what do I know.

This vid is best taken tongue in cheek, otherwise, it's sad. I laughed out loud several times.  ;D

conchydong

Quote from: Rivverrat on March 12, 2020, 07:50:04 PM
 If I'm soaking baits for 20 hours with nothing to show for it ?  I could rattle off many thoughts & questions that would be running through my mind.  I'd have a hard time seeing it as achieving any high level of merit or status.  However these little caveats are what makes this fella such a benchmark, unique character... Jeff

That's worse than daytime (deep drop) Swordfishing were you can spend hours staring at the rod tip. Yes the results are worth the patience but I tried to be a fan but realized it is not for me. I definitely couldn't go 20 hours without a bite. Different strokes for different folks.