Newell G 220-F

Started by Alto Mare, March 31, 2020, 12:33:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vilters

that red g series is a very nice reel Sal, as is the other 220 pictured, looks like you're hooked. i know i am, i like newells to fish or collect, 2 of my fav's for fishing here, the 220 series is a very capable reel in a compact size. the narrowed 229 is my go to for fishing #30 bait.

Alto Mare

Yes Vilters caught it big time. These are nice reels.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

SoCalAngler

If that 220 is stock, please don't mess it up buy adding any new components such as a new handle, frame, unless the stock one is broken or a aftermarket sleeve or side plates. Anything else other than the stock drag washers should not be messed with IMO. That is of course unless you plan to fish it hard.

If your plan is to "upgrade" it to anything than drag washers please sell it to me. Any mods such as plates, frame and handles will only lessen it's value. Not just to me but to anyone who cares what these reels really mean.

Alto Mare

Quote from: SoCalAngler on April 13, 2020, 04:25:32 AM
If that 220 is stock, please don't mess it up buy adding any new components such as a new handle, frame, unless the stock one is broken or a aftermarket sleeve or side plates. Anything else other than the stock drag washers should not be messed with IMO. That is of course unless you plan to fish it hard.

If your plan is to "upgrade" it to anything than drag washers please sell it to me. Any mods such as plates, frame and handles will only lessen it's value. Not just to me but to anyone who cares what these reels really mean.
Thanks for your suggestion Mark, I was already aware on keeping everything original.
Been doing the same with Penn reels for some time.
These that you see are all new and original in their boxes.
As you have also mentioned, the only Newell I would consider upgrading would be the used ones that I would fish with, as I did on my 220.

Sal

Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.