graphite reel clamp for jigmaster 501

Started by Wilmar, March 15, 2020, 08:14:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wilmar

I am upgrading a 501.  It does not have any of the reel clamp hardware now.  I wanted to use a graphite clamp.  I looked on Mystic Parts and only saw the old type metal clamps for the 501.  Does anyone know of a Penn graphite clamp that is small enough to use on a 501?

Thanks all.  Wilmar

alantani

it's extra narrow.  unless you need something something for a deckhand rod, skip the spool clamp. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Decker

Wilmar

Ok.  Thanks to Alan and Decker.  I will consider it a non necessity.  Appreciate the help fellows. 
Chip

Swami805

I have a 501 size reel from pro challenger, one of his kits. It has a really nice graphite clamp  might check with him and see if they would work
Do what you can with that you have where you are

Maxed Out

I prefer clamps on my jigmasters. Nothing worse than having reel start moving around on the seat while fighting a fish.

There is a Penn graphite clamp that will fit your 501. Look for slotted holes. Part # is 113. Notice elongated holes in graphite clamp, and in 2nd pic you'll see the 501 seat with graphite clamp.  Studs in 501 seat line up perfectly with graphite clamp slotted holes. The link Decker provided is the correct clamp for your 501

Hope this helps

Ted
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

foakes

If what you want is not available -- it is very easy to just elongate each of the holes in the graphite clamp by 1/16" towards the center.  Doesn't show -- solid and tight -- and no one ever knows.

Just use a round file.

Best, Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Wilmar

Hey fellas,
Big thanks to Fred, Ted and Swami,

It's funny because I was developing a shopping list for this 501 today and got to thinking that if I put in a Bryan's 5 + 1 drag stack in it along with a stainless steel gear sleeve it'll probably make sense to put a reel clamp of some kind on it due to the possible drag numbers it could take. 

I have to order some a reel clamp for a 500s regardless so I'll be able to experiment a bit with the part Decker linked to. 

Thanks all,  Chip