Pflueger Bond Model 2000

Started by Brewcrafter, March 28, 2020, 06:36:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wompus Cat

Welcome to the Forum !

If you have everything in the right order then you need thicker Drags or make sure you have everything in the right order .
In other words the Star Wheel needs to be able to push pressure on the drag Stack so if it is bottoming out and the spool has no Tension or very little you need to shim with another washer or longer bushing .
Let us know  how it works out and feel free to ask more questions.
If a Grass Hopper Carried a Shotgun then the Birds wouldn't MESS with Him

Brewcrafter

It usually is something simple.  I went and checked the box, and while I always measure the drag stack thickness of "factory" vs. "aftermarket" during assembly to make sure it is relatively close, I did not toss the working notes into the box.  I could always pop this apart pretty easily and measure it for you.  Many of the really common "ooops" for having a conventional style reel with little/no drag (in no particular order) - 1.  If the eared washer is not properly seated in the groves in the main gear, and is sitting on top of the gear (preventing the drag stack from being compressed as you tighten the star).  2.  If the friction (CF) washers are substantially thinner, and the grooves in the main gear are not cut deep enough again the eared metal washer will "bottom out" and the drag stack will not fully compress.  3.  If you have Spectra spooled on the reel and you are pulling on the line, and the Spectra is not packed on tight it will "slip" or compress on the spool - line will go out even with the spool not turning so it wont move a drag scale. 
There are a lot of really great minds on this Forum - I am sure if I cannot help someone else will can step up! - john