Penn 114H second AR dog

Started by Alto Mare, November 29, 2011, 10:00:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cone

I finally gunkoted the spool, installed a power handle and T bar. Thanks again Sal. Here are a few pics.

"Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est." (A sword is never a killer, it is a tool in the killer's hands.)
   -    Lucius Annaeus Seneca, circa 4 BC – 65 AD

Alto Mare

Sweet looking reel Bob, now forget about those alligators for a while and go get some monster Hammerheads ;D.
Great job on that spool also, thanks for sharing.
Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

blktwr2660

Hey,Guy's Been awhile! 8) U Know Biz and all that.Alan your still the MAN!  ;);)But U need to do something about ALTO :-\,put him under hard manners,every timeI on come on this site HE does something so GREAT with these PENN reels I wind up looking to dump these Advet and Accurate Reels.I love and will always love my early PENN'S,most have been put away to be shared and admired by the Grand's but now I'm thinking what about modifying a 14/0 or better a 16/0,forget two speeds go back to the old ways only with ALTO'S AND OTHERS :-*   who came up with these mods :D Thanks again for this site Alan ;))ps:Alto I Can realy HATE you >:(.Every time I do something to improve my reels you come along with a way to make it better,THANKS,Don't ever stop :-*
Not from around here,Just fishing and doing time on planet earth.

wallacewt

all you penn guys get working on the lever drags,you gotta change up sal.

Alto Mare

I stayed away from these newer plates, but after a closer inspection I realized that they're even better than the older models. New one on the right

If some of you are still having a hard time grinding for the second dog, this is the plate to get and I believe the only one available from Scotts. My grinding was done in less than a minute.The space is already there, all you need to do is to remove a little at the top,as I'm showing

I also like the two extra holes in the bridge plate, those should help keep everything in place

as you can see on the right, the jack is beefier and has a better design for the tabs

all parts are removable on the newer plate

and lastly, the bearing cup has a seal.

very nice, I like the new design.
If you're thinking of doing the extra dog on a 114H..... especially now with the new ss gears coming, go for it!
Any one could do it on this plate.
Any questions, you know how to find me, Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Shark Hunter

How can I get my hands on a set of those ss gears Sal?
Do  they make a ss bridge and sleeve too?
Life is Good!

Cone

Alan Tani has the ss gear sleeves. I think they are 35$ with 1 ss dog and a under gear washer.
Alan C. at Black Pearls board here is taking orders for the gears. I can't help with a ss bridge.
Bob
"Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est." (A sword is never a killer, it is a tool in the killer's hands.)

BMITCH

SH, the SS gears are soon to be available from black pearl. They are currently in the works. I think Alan tani has the SS sleeve. Hope that helps. I don't think there is a SS bridge available but I could be wrong??maybe someone else knows about that.
Bob
luck is the residue of design.

BMITCH

Bob you beat me to it I was posting the same as you were ::)
luck is the residue of design.

Shark Hunter

Thanks guys, I'll check it out.
Life is Good!

Cone

Bob, great minds think alike.  ;) Bob

Shark Hunter

I have the sleeve coming from Alan T. The ss dogs from Lee (Keta). I haven't got an answer yet from Dawn on the ss yoke yet. My Wide kit from reely gone should be here today. All I'm really missing is the Black Pearl gears. Going to have to wait on those. I checked out that ultimate jigging knob. Holy Cow!
$43 bucks for a knob! I think the Silver aluminum will do just fine, since my kit is silver. I wish I had Sal's money!
Life is Good!

Alto Mare

Daron, you want to play hard? then get yourself one of these from the boss

Looking at the way it's made, I'm sure it won't let you down ;)

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

Shark Hunter

I have posted this pic elsewhere. Since this is where I got the inspiration for it, I think it belongs here too. Here are my two tanks. Both with Black pearls new helical cut stainless gears, Stainless sleeves and yokes as well as double ss dogs.  ;D ;D
Life is Good!