Vote For Next Tiburon Project?

Started by Vintage Offshore Tackle, April 04, 2020, 07:00:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vintage Offshore Tackle

I would like to be in a position to give Tiburon an order(s) for a new project(s) when they return from the lockdown, hopefully on May 1.  I would really appreciate it if you would please provide your input for any new frame/spool kits or encore editions for any previously run kits for Penn or Newell reels only.  I know that Daiwa and Shimano make some great reels, but it's enough drama developing new products in an area that I am reasonably familiar with and I am not up to a whole new set of challenges.  I have to order 50 units of any new designs or 30 units of any items that we have run previously, so it requires a significant level of interest to give me the courage to belly up to the bar. 

Here are a few of the previous projects that proved popular and might be worth running again.  If any of these might be of interest, or if you have any suggestions for new items that are within Tiburon's product range, please post them here.  I am not asking for orders, just trying to identify areas of interest.  Thank you for your support.  Without the Alantani.com ohana behind me, none of these projects would have been possible.

Thanks again,

Randy

Penn T4XN extra narrow kit (1 5/8") for the Penn 113H, etc.
Penn T3N narrow kit (1 5/8") for the Penn 112H
Penn P21XN and P21XN-HS extra narrow kit (1 1/4") for the Penn Jigmaster, Senator 1/0 and Jigmaster 505/506HS
Penn P16XN extra narrow kit (1 1/4") for the Penn Squidder
New: P100XN extra narrow kit (1 1/4") for the Penn Surfmaster 100, 150, 200 and Monofil 27, etc.
Penn 808/SJ extra wide (3") for all 300 series reels except that Blackie series.

Newell N322XN extra narrow (1 1/4") for all 300 series reels except that Blackie series.
Newell 808 extra wide (3") for all 300 series reels except that Blackie series.
Newell N220XN extra narrow (1 1/4") for all 200 series reels except that Blackie series.

cmdrzog

P100xn  and  p16xn  would be difficult to resist

ReelFishingProblems

How about a few curve balls?
International 12H or a Mag Power 990

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Swami805

Might be an army of 1 here but a newell 600 series narrow would be nice, the width of the one they make for the 400/500

The topless kit for the international 16s might be popular and they've made those before

I'b be up for another T3N if you made them
Do what you can with that you have where you are

JRD

I can't believe I'm going to say this but I'm set on Penn reels for now but want some extra spools.  T3xn, p21xn (500 and 505) and p16xn x2.

farmer56

randy  you  know  me  narrow  100  all  the  way ....  will  take  two  for  sure   ...   up  to  four  possible ...  dennis

nelz

RowdyW

How about aluminum frames for Shimano TLD 20 & 25 ?

Decker

Quote from: cmdrzog on April 04, 2020, 10:22:53 AM
P100xn  and  p16xn  would be difficult to resist

Aren't these two the same frame and spool, with a different spool shaft?  If so, could they be done together, with a spool option?

Penn P16XN extra narrow kit (1 1/4") for the Penn Squidder
New: P100XN extra narrow kit (1 1/4") for the Penn Surfmaster 100, 150, 200 and Monofil 27, etc.

Add Beachmaster and Baymaster reels to that list.  I can't commit right now, but would definitely be interested in any of the above when things get better.

I've given up on the Squidder Magnum, which would require side plates as well. My "curve ball" would be Mag 970, though I know it is a long shot.

Alto Mare

I don't think there is any need for these smaller guys, any narrower and won't hold much line, besides Prochallenger carries some nice spools for the Squidder and surfmaster 100 in multiple colors.
He also has frame posts in aluminum and stainless steel.
The surfmaster 100 size will work on all other reels with the same diameter plate.

I would personally be interested in the 600 series, maybe in the R631-3 size.
Yes I'm a fan of Newell, these reels are great as they are, but the larger ones would really benefit from a metal spool and frame.
Black would be nice, but purple would be even better, but I understand it would be a long shot.

Anyways, if a kit for these happens, please put me down.

Sal

Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Swami805

I'm with Sal on the 631 size too, I'd be in for a black and a red one.
Do what you can with that you have where you are

Maxed Out

Have you ever considered a narrow 9/0 frame/spool kit ??
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

1badf350

I like Teds idea, but designed to be fished under the rod.
In have no idea why, other than, in the words of Billy Madison, "...I made the duck blue because I'd never seen a blue duck before and I wanted to see one".  :D ;D
-Chris

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
John Wayne as J.B. Books in "The Shootist"

CooldadE

I would rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6...