Vote For Next Tiburon Project?

Started by Vintage Offshore Tackle, April 04, 2020, 07:00:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darin Crofton

T3N, squidder magnum & jigmaster magnum ( I know I'm dreaming about the last two )  ;D ;D ;D
God, Family and Fishing, what else is there?

nelz

Hey Sal, did you make those cool fish-themed cabinets? Very nice!

Alto Mare

Quote from: nelz on April 04, 2020, 08:44:04 PM
Hey Sal, did you make those cool fish-themed cabinets? Very nice!

Yes! found some rough cut lumber on one of my jobs, instead of getting rid of it at the dump, I decided to use it for this project.
This was done about 9 years ago, yes I've been here for some time now :)
You can take a closer look here if you wish:
https://alantani.com/index.php?topic=2937.msg18371#msg18371

Thanks!

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Rocket Dog

I'm in for a T3N, Newell 322XN but if they can manage to make a T4NK for a 113hn Baja, well I'd take that too.

steelhead_killer

x2

Quote from: Darin Crofton on April 04, 2020, 08:09:17 PM
T3N, squidder magnum & jigmaster magnum ( I know I'm dreaming about the last two )  ;D ;D ;D
><)))">

Maxed Out

Darin, this thread is for frame/spool kit. Tiburon doesn't make sideplates, so yure barkin' up the wrong tree. I believe pro gear made a magnum squidder, just not sure of the model#
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Darin Crofton

Quote from: Maxed Out on April 05, 2020, 07:24:51 PM

Darin, this thread is for frame/spool kit. Tiburon doesn't make sideplates, so yure barkin' up the wrong tree. I believe pro gear made a magnum squidder, just not sure of the model#
I know, it's why I said I was dreaming, to anyone listening (hint CC or PC), the PG 255 is a squidder magnum and I've been looking for a gold one forever . . .  ;D
God, Family and Fishing, what else is there?

Alto Mare

Quote from: Darin Crofton on April 05, 2020, 07:44:39 PM
Quote from: Maxed Out on April 05, 2020, 07:24:51 PM

I know, it's why I said I was dreaming, to anyone listening (hint CC or PC), the PG 255 is a squidder magnum and I've been looking for a gold one forever . . .  ;D
You are correct Ted!
Give it more time, I believe a custom magnum reel will show up.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Ron Jones

Another run of T3XNs would be great. The 3/0 is such a comfortable size.
The Man
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Rocket Dog

Randy, is it too early to tell how the votes are going as to which one will be the new project run?

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Quote from: Rocket Dog on April 09, 2020, 12:20:11 AM
Randy, is it too early to tell how the votes are going as to which one will be the new project run?

Rocketdog, it looks like the leading contender at this point is the T3N with 5 votes, but that is far short of the level of interest that would justify the investment.

thorhammer

I had my vote in my head, and see a couple others- 970 frame and spool. For folks wanting magnum this or that, which I will certainly be in for if someone makes plates, the 970/980/990 use 113H drags. The 970 / 980 use three, and at basically same retrieve ratio as the Jiggy, you are getting more drag in a steel gear right there, with a more robust three screw seat and much heavier rings. The sleeve on these takes 113H-series size  handles as well. This could be a drop-in on 970 or narrow a 980.

my 0.02. I know there is agreement not to make std Penn width kits but these stands, bars (the Magpower ones, not chrome jiggy ones), and spools are long gone.

John

Decker

Quote from: thorhammer on April 09, 2020, 12:43:14 PM
I had my vote in my head, and see a couple others- 970 frame and spool. For folks wanting magnum this or that, which I will certainly be in for if someone makes plates, the 970/980/990 use 113H drags. The 970 / 980 use three, and at basically same retrieve ratio as the Jiggy, you are getting more drag in a steel gear right there, with a more robust three screw seat and much heavier rings. The sleeve on these takes 113H-series size  handles as well. This could be a drop-in on 970 or narrow a 980.

my 0.02. I know there is agreement not to make std Penn width kits but these stands, bars (the Magpower ones, not chrome jiggy ones), and spools are long gone.

John

Agreed, John!

thorhammer

I think somebody said something about 990, maybe Nick, I know he has one- a narrowed 990 would be a BEAST.

Decker

Quote from: thorhammer on April 09, 2020, 02:48:19 PM
I think somebody said something about 990, maybe Nick, I know he has one- a narrowed 990 would be a BEAST.

Oh yeah!!   The 990 isn't quite as "dear" as the 970 and 980.