Vote For Next Tiburon Project?

Started by Vintage Offshore Tackle, April 04, 2020, 07:00:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thorhammer

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Quote from: Swami805 on June 03, 2021, 05:28:24 PM
I have a 2/0 accurate frame if you wanted to use it for A template or something

Thank you Sheridan. If we get enough interest, I might take you up on that!

Wompus Cat

Quote from: Decker on June 03, 2021, 06:02:27 PM
Narrower sounds interesting, but I think there would be more demand for a standard-width frame.  Either way, I'd buy one.

Well you go to the trouble to make a stronger Frame ,I like a Wider Spool . Maybe 1/4 inch
If a Grass Hopper Carried a Shotgun then the Birds wouldn't MESS with Him

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Quote from: Wompus Cat on June 03, 2021, 06:17:11 PM
Quote from: Decker on June 03, 2021, 06:02:27 PM
Narrower sounds interesting, but I think there would be more demand for a standard-width frame.  Either way, I'd buy one.

Well you go to the trouble to make a stronger Frame ,I like a Wider Spool . Maybe 1/4 inch

I would guess that the stock width 60 will hold at least 600 yards of 50 lb braid. Why would you want more line capacity?

thorhammer

Exactly- that's why I suggested the 60 vs 65. (the 65 is your 1/4inch wider). If you need bigger and stronger, 66 is it. Really I was about getting a clamp base as no Penn base is substitutable (I'm not counting Ted's stock crown jewels, I mean available to mortals).

Wompus Cat

Quote from: thorhammer on June 03, 2021, 07:45:42 PM
Exactly- that's why I suggested the 60 vs 65. (the 65 is your 1/4inch wider). If you need bigger and stronger, 66 is it. Really I was about getting a clamp base as no Penn base is substitutable (I'm not counting Ted's stock crown jewels, I mean available to mortals).

I may have gotten on the Wrong Bus but the Reels I am thinking of are the old style  Penn 65's 185,285 ,
series reels.
Either way I like Metal and will buy a couple of whatever these fit and worry about getting the guts and plates later if I don't have them already...lol

Vintage Offshore Tackle

These kits would fit the Long Beach 65 as well as the 60.

RowdyW

Randy, if a frame & spool fits a 65 then it is to wide to fit a 60. They each require a different width spool & frame.  ???  ???     
         Rudy

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Quote from: RowdyW on June 03, 2021, 10:22:58 PM
Randy, if a frame & spool fits a 65 then it is to wide to fit a 60. They each require a different width spool & frame.  ???  ???     
         Rudy

Rudy, this frame and spool kit would replace the stock frame and spool.  I'm pretty sure that the 60 and 65 side plates are the same.  If that is correct, then the kit should fit both of them.

RowdyW

I thought you were saying that you could build  60 & 65 widths with the same kit.

Wompus Cat

Quote from: Vintage Offshore Tackle on June 03, 2021, 09:53:51 PM
These kits would fit the Long Beach 65 as well as the 60.

Ok I is on the right Bus and the 65  Long Beach has Chrome Inner Rings on the side plates  that Might  make  some diff in the spool fitment . All the others should be fine .

twotone

Rand I read that this half frame kit will fit a stock 2/0 Senator? Is that right?  So if that's the case could you have the seat drilled to fit the 12H International. I known the spool will not work. Maybe offer the seat kit for the 12H upgrade. Probably to many holes in the seat right? A beater 12h transformed into a beefed up Jiggy . Could be away to have more interest the project. I would do one for the 12h less the spool and a kit for the LB60!

Twotone
twotone

Rivverrat

Quote from: RowdyW on June 04, 2021, 01:31:20 AM
I thought you were saying that you could build  60 & 65 widths with the same kit.

DANG IT NOW !!!  It is good to see your post Rowdy !  Been away a bit.  

Fellas would a 2/0 kit be a legit reel for 30 ?  ... Jeff

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Quote from: twotone on June 05, 2021, 02:41:24 AM
Rand I read that this half frame kit will fit a stock 2/0 Senator? Is that right?  So if that's the case could you have the seat drilled to fit the 12H International. I known the spool will not work. Maybe offer the seat kit for the 12H upgrade. Probably to many holes in the seat right? A beater 12h transformed into a beefed up Jiggy . Could be away to have more interest the project. I would do one for the 12h less the spool and a kit for the LB60!

Twotone

That's a fantastic idea Anthony!  I have had a few requests for the topless frame for the International 12T and 12LT, and if the same diameter frame would work on the 60 and 2/0 and 12, 12H, 12T and 12LT, that should open up enough sales to justify asking Tiburon to make the run, unless having all of those holes to fit all of those models would weaken the frame.  I'm traveling now, but when I get home I will check with Tiburon to see what they think about that.

Thank you,

Randy

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Quote from: RowdyW on June 04, 2021, 01:31:20 AM
I thought you were saying that you could build  60 & 65 widths with the same kit.

Rudy, I just meant that you could probably use both the 60 and 65 side plates with the same kit.