Vote For Next Tiburon Project?

Started by Vintage Offshore Tackle, April 04, 2020, 07:00:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sabaman1

Quote from: Vintage Offshore Tackle on May 14, 2020, 08:29:00 PM
Quote from: sabaman1 on May 14, 2020, 08:02:14 PM
Randy, would it be possible to drill and tap the frame  on right side head plate side to accomodate moving the gear box forward and the eccentric would move back similiar to jigmaster eccentric lever placement? That would be for a 113hxn. Just a thought!

Thank you for the suggestion Jim.  I agree that it would be nice to have the lever closer to your thumb, and it might be worth considering for future projects, but Tiburon is letting me slide with a much smaller run than they would normally allow and I don't want to throw a curveball at them this time. 

Randy, I think if we got enough interest in the frames without lug notches, we would be giving Tom some business also with his new style sideplates.
JIM

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Jim, the T4XN kit for the 113H doesn't have any notches for the harness lugs and neither do Tom's new-style 113H side plates, so there is no need for reversible lugs.  If you are talking about an extra narrow kit for the Baja Special 113HN, we would need to expressions of interest for at least 30 kits before we could ask Tiburon to do the engineering for a frame and spool, as they 113HN frame and spool share very little in common with the 113H.  They would need a minimum run of 50 kits and that would be require a significant investment up front on my part.

sabaman1

Quote from: Vintage Offshore Tackle on May 14, 2020, 10:46:03 PM
Jim, the T4XN kit for the 113H doesn't have any notches for the harness lugs and neither do Tom's new-style 113H side plates, so there is no need for reversible lugs.  If you are talking about an extra narrow kit for the Baja Special 113HN, we would need to expressions of interest for at least 30 kits before we could ask Tiburon to do the engineering for a frame and spool, as they 113HN frame and spool share very little in common with the 113H.  They would need a minimum run of 50 kits and that would be require a significant investment up front on my part.

Randy, just looked at my last T4xn and saw that your right on that one. But still would like to see a frame like the xn with the screw hole pattern where  gear box can be mounted forward with Toms plates. One reason why I like my baja special so much. Anyhow Randy its been nice to bounce some ideas off you!

Thanks Jim

JIM

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Quote from: sabaman1 on May 15, 2020, 12:18:05 AM

Randy, just looked at my last T4xn and saw that your right on that one. But still would like to see a frame like the xn with the screw hole pattern where  gear box can be mounted forward with Toms plates. One reason why I like my baja special so much. Anyhow Randy its been nice to bounce some ideas off you!

Thanks Jim

Thank you for taking the time to come up with some great ideas Jim.  I'm trying to take things as delicately as possible with Tiburon right now, so I don't want to ask for any favors like working out the engineering on something that I cannot guarantee will result in a significant order.  Hopefully we can put together the extra narrow Baja Special project together at some point in the future.   I would want one for myself for sure!

Thanks again,

Randy

sabaman1

Quote from: Vintage Offshore Tackle on May 16, 2020, 09:27:15 PM
Quote from: sabaman1 on May 15, 2020, 12:18:05 AM

Thanks Jim

Thank you for taking the time to come up with some great ideas Jim.  I'm trying to take things as delicately as possible with Tiburon right now, so I don't want to ask for any favors like working out the engineering on something that I cannot guarantee will result in a significant order.  Hopefully we can put together the extra narrow Baja Special project together at some point in the future.   I would want one for myself for sure!

Thanks again,

Randy

Thanks for your time Randy!

JIM

jigmaster501

How about a Daiwa narrow Sealine 30h frame and spool.

This would be able to fit the 30h AND the 30SH models since they share the same spool. More opportunities with the same product.

I would like a run of Daiwa sealine anything narrow since the reels are high quality.

Eugene

farmer56

Randy  ,  farmer  back  ....   Alto  made  the  comment   about  need  ,  line  cap.  of  a  narrow  surf.  100 ,  monofil  27     ...    but  the  way  i  fish  trolling  in  5 to  15  feet  of  water  with  only  100  ft.  of  line  out  at  the  most ,  the  narrow   100  ,  27  will  fit  my  boat  just  fine ..  lighter  reel  easy  to  do  the  line  lay  retrieve  for  the  ladies  and  smaller  kids  in  boat  ...  are  the  spool  shafts  just  pressed  in  or  are  they  glued  also  ,  because  some  machinest  out  there  should  be  able  to  make  me  a  few  surfmaster  100  monofil   27  arbor  spool shafts  for  me   ...   also  Randy  i'm  too  slow  on  the  uptake   YES  put  me  down  for  one   Baja  Special 113HN   narrow   IF  AND  when  they  ever  get  built  !!!!!!!!!   50  is  not  so  far  away  now  ...  as  always  hope  this  finds  you  and  your  family  well  farmer 56  out        dennis       Hey  Alto   no   malaise   intended  with  the  shout out....   dennis                                                                                                                                               

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Hi Dennis.  It's great to hear from you.  All's well here so far, knock on wood, and I hope for you and yours too. Regarding the spools, the shafts are pressed in and glued, but if we do run the XN Squidders again, we could just send you the spool bodies without shafts if you are going to have some made for the 100.  I am 99% sure that the spool body for the Squidder and the 100 Surfmaster are the same.  I will add you to the list for the XN Baja Special.

Thank you,

Randy

ReelPatina

Late , but I'd put a vote in for 100XN's.

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Quote from: CooldadE on April 04, 2020, 08:03:05 PM
Topless 349H...

Cool

Ed, your wish is my command.  Please let me know if you might want it.

Thanks,

Randy

swill88

They would need a minimum run of 50 kits and that would be require a significant investment up front on my part.

You the Man Randy!

steve

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Steve, one of them came home to roost, courtesy of Darin.

CooldadE

I would rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6...

Rivverrat

Put me down as a vote for XN Baja Special / US113... 

Darin Crofton

Quote from: Vintage Offshore Tackle on June 06, 2020, 12:11:15 AM
Steve, one of them came home to roost, courtesy of Darin.

haha, I know that reel ;D

I want a squidder sized reel with 6/0 guts while you're at it  ;D  ;D  ;D
God, Family and Fishing, what else is there?