Penn 113h Reel/Tank

Started by Alto Mare, December 02, 2011, 02:39:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alto Mare

Just checked ebay, yes I do see lots of good deals.
Maybe we should contact Jeff at JVariance and see if he could upgrade the program, I'm sure it's just a matter of pushing some buttons on the keyboard.
Since you did such a fine job, maybe you could send him your plate so he could get an idea of what we're talking about.
Thank you! Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

alantani

i'll bet he would be happy to incorporate a "double dog" into his design.  that is a great idea!   ;D
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Bryan Young

Spirt10, wow, that nice work
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

spirt10

Quote from: Alto Mare on June 10, 2012, 11:26:14 AM
Just checked ebay, yes I do see lots of good deals.
Maybe we should contact Jeff at JVariance and see if he could upgrade the program, I'm sure it's just a matter of pushing some buttons on the keyboard.
Since you did such a fine job, maybe you could send him your plate so he could get an idea of what we're talking about.
Thank you! Sal

Done, Here is a copy of the email.

Duane Horton
to JVARIANCE
There is a great thread of posts about upgrading the 113H at  http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=3083.0 I am using your frame and adding another dog along with many other upgrades. Here are a few pics. Builders and myself on this site were wondering if you might include an improved version of this when manufacturing your side plates.

thanks

Alto Mare

Very nice Duane, thank you!
Lets hope that Jeff realizes what he has here, this could be a great thing for him and us as well.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

ShoreKasterHI

I wanna give a thanks Alto for the inspiration to do this, Keta for the ss dogs and Alan for the great site. Here is a few pics of my extended "TANK".
Specs:
SS dog *Need to invest in a grinder to put in the 2nd dog*
SS gear sleeve
SS Yoke
Accurate gears
Tiburon frame
Carbon drag under main gear from Smoooth Drag

I may upgrade the handle but not sure about it yet.

Alto Mare

Great looking reel ShoreKaster, nice to see you going for it. Sal

redsetta

Great work SK.
Another 'Tank' joins the division.  ;D
Cheers for sharing the pics, Justin
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

wallacewt

reel is looking great sk,  black handle has got to go.  give it the full business and a red t-bar or silver.  bling more bling.  i dont mean crosby.

ShoreKasterHI

Thanks! I was thinking about a silver spool and looking at it now it couls use a handle upgrade. BTW do they even make wide spools that come in silver?

I should of posted this in the photo gallery...Sorry for the thread jack  :(

spirt10

O.K. this is a little off the double dog inovation but addresses the tank idea! after doing all the upgrades. I added one of the K.O. customs handles. Last night I landed a nice Hammer and after the first hour the grip part starded wabeling off the arm. The further into the fight the worse it got until it fell off. I spent the last half hour palming the arm of the setup to land the fish. Intersting but not recomended. My conclusion is the K.O.Kustomz handles do not belong on a TANK or on any reel intended to catch anything larger than a pinfish.

broadway

Yikes!  ...A wobbly handle and a hammerhead, sounds less than fun!  I've had KO's on my wire lining gear for 3 years now and no problems, but I'll keep an eye on it.
Glad ya landed her... how big was she?
Thanks
Dom

Keta

Quote from: spirt10 on June 12, 2012, 12:28:01 PM
Last night I landed a nice Hammer and after the first hour the grip part starded wabeling off the arm.

Did the handle screw back out or was there dammage to the arm/handle?  If the screw backed out a low strength thread locker (blue Locktite 242 is what I have) will end the problem.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Makule

O.K. this is a little off the double dog inovation but addresses the tank idea! after doing all the upgrades. I added one of the K.O. customs handles. Last night I landed a nice Hammer and after the first hour the grip part starded wabeling off the arm. The further into the fight the worse it got until it fell off. I spent the last half hour palming the arm of the setup to land the fish. Intersting but not recomended. My conclusion is the K.O.Kustomz handles do not belong on a TANK or on any reel intended to catch anything larger than a pinfish.

Had the same thing happen.  Locktite, as Lee mentioned.
I used to be in a constant state of improvement.  Now I'm in a constant state of renovation.

Alto Mare

Did the threads get stripped? If the handle just got lose it's not that bad, it happened to me a few times. I usually don't like to use locktite on my reels, but the handle i don't mind. The Tank does need a ss handle though, I did mention this here.