Hello from NC!

Started by Finatic, December 03, 2011, 06:51:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Finatic

Hello guys, my name is Clint Richardson and I am from Wilmington North Carolina.  I am a part time charter captain and avid tournament fisherman.  Can't believe I haven't found this site before now but very glad I did, seems to be the meca of reel repairs!  If any of y'all need info on fishing the NC coast don't hesitate to ask and thanks for the great site!

P.S. Alan, I sent you a pm about some Torium 30's.  Thanks.

Capt. Clint Richardson

Bryan Young

Aloha Clint.  I wish I knew about you before.  I just returned from Raleigh and was hoping to find something to do.

Welcome to this site, enjoy, learn and share is what it's all about.

Bryan
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

kamuwela

e komo mai clint and mahalo for joining us. you met two people from hawaii here first. what can i say? aloha

Finatic

Great!  First people I have ever met from Hawaii.  I really want to fish there one day as does every one I'm sure.  Bryan, next time you come to Raleigh definetly get in touch with me, I will put you on some fish for sure.  I know you don't want to hear this but November is one of our best months.  The wahoo and sail's have been goin off in the stream, groupers and king macks in a little closer.  Any way, thanks for the welcome, tight lines!

Norcal Pescador

Welcome from Redding California, Captain Clint. This is the place for all reel knowledge! ;D
Rob
Rob

Measure once, cut twice. Or is it the other way around? ::)

"A good man knows his limits." - Inspector Harry Callahan, SFPD

Alto Mare

Welcome aboard, Captain Clint. Nice to have you with us.
Sal...from PA
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Nessie Hunter

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....
WOW!!! WHAT A RIDE!

alantani

well, i slept in this morning!  welcome.  i got your pm and that's fine, but i was thinking that this might be a good time to talk your favorite deckhand into checking this place out and start training him to fix reels.  you can keep your money local, you'll have someone that you can talk to face to face, and you can help out a kid all at the same time!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Steve-O

Welcome aboard, Cap'n! I do miss those long runs out to 110 feet deep ( the tower, Frying Pan, ledges, reefs and wrecks) for all kinds of good fishing. The dolphins and kings were the best! Plus a small shark now and then. YUM!

Lived in Raleigh 30 years so naturally Wilmington, Oak Island, Southport, Holden Beach and the rest were our coastal destinations every year.

good luck in your reels maintanence!

Steve-O

Bryan Young

Quote from: Finatic on December 03, 2011, 02:51:46 PM
Great!  First people I have ever met from Hawaii.  I really want to fish there one day as does every one I'm sure.  Bryan, next time you come to Raleigh definetly get in touch with me, I will put you on some fish for sure.  I know you don't want to hear this but November is one of our best months.  The wahoo and sail's have been goin off in the stream, groupers and king macks in a little closer.  Any way, thanks for the welcome, tight lines!
I knew I was missing something good.  Well, I guess it'll be next time.

I am scheduled to go out there in March next year, but don't know about free time yet.  My nephew is hoping to get into Wake Forest, so if he does, I'm going to be taking him around before work begins for me.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

redsetta

Welcome aboard from New Zealand, Clint.
Never would've thought the season for sails, wahoo etc ran so late that far north.
'Something new every day', as they say...  ;)
PS Passed through NC a few years back and really liked the place.
All the best, Justin
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

Finatic

Thanks guys, any of you passin through let me know we'll go bend a rod.  Steve-O, yea those runs are definetly special at times!  Justin, you would be surprised, we have an excelent fishery here through most of the winter, most people give up on it after hunting season starts but that's only the beginning.  Alan, thanks for the reply, I'll be in touch soon for the repairs.