Curado Schematic

Started by Scattergun2570, January 05, 2018, 03:58:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scattergun2570

I just picked an old green one.,CU-201 Bantam .but I don't know what gear ratio it is. Anyone know?
Also, I went to Mikes Reel Repairs to find the schematic,and it shows a few diff CU-201 models,,b5 and so forth..how do you know which is which? And I am still looking for video of someone taking it apart for service..any videos out there of this?

Jenx

Quote from: Scattergun2570 on January 05, 2018, 03:58:37 AM
I just picked an old green one.,CU-201 Bantam .but I don't know what gear ratio it is. Anyone know?
Also, I went to Mikes Reel Repairs to find the schematic,and it shows a few diff CU-201 models,,b5 and so forth..how do you know which is which? And I am still looking for video of someone taking it apart for service..any videos out there of this?

If your reel just says Bantam CURADO on the face plate then it is a 6.2:1 ratio. There are 5.1:1 and 3.8:1 versions, but they are easy to spot because they say the gear ratio on the face plate. The original model didn't list the gear ratio on it.

It's an extremely easy reel to take apart. You don't really need a video, just lay the parts in order when you remove them.

Edit: as you can see by my avatar I am a fan of that classic reel. I bought one a couple of years ago, and it's what I taught myself to cast with, and it was the first reel I used when I discovered saltwater fishing.

Scattergun2570

Quote from: Jenx on January 05, 2018, 06:53:14 AM
Quote from: Scattergun2570 on January 05, 2018, 03:58:37 AM

If your reel just says Bantam CURADO on the face plate then it is a 6.2:1 ratio. There are 5.1:1 and 3.8:1 versions, but they are easy to spot because they say the gear ratio on the face plate. The original model didn't list the gear ratio on it.

It's an extremely easy reel to take apart. You don't really need a video, just lay the parts in order when you remove them.

Edit: as you can see by my avatar I am a fan of that classic reel. I bought one a couple of years ago, and it's what I taught myself to cast with, and it was the first reel I used when I discovered saltwater fishing.

[/quote

Well I will be calling on you in the future if I need help !

Zimbass

Never was so much owed by so many to so few.