Shimano tranx

Started by Anjoemara, December 03, 2011, 06:09:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thedw

PaparockCal

I'm still trying to figure out what to put on a United Composites Swimbait Finatic MEGA Bass 15-30 lb. line 1-6 oz lures rod for freshwater swimbaits as well as possibly Calico Bass and might also be capable of working on a United Composites USA RUC711XH 30-60 lb. line 4-10 oz lures for inshore White Seabass using swimbaits? I'm limited on funds so it just may be a bridge too far to ask of one reel.  ???

MarkT

I have 2 of the TranX 500HG.  I use them for surface iron, poppers and Wahoo bombs. One has 330yds of 80# MAxcuatro and the other has 280yds of 65# Izor spectra. Both with a few feet of 50# leader.

I have a UC Tilefish which is the same blank as the 711XH.  I use an Avet JX Raptor with a 50# topshot. To bridge the gap with those two rods I'd probably go with a Lexa 400HD.
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

Cor

....and I have three of them ;) and use them for similar stuff as MarkT.

I can't fish with low geared reels and have never really understood the need for "cranking power"

These reels do what I want them for pretty well.

When I saw you want to cast up top 10 oz I thought, wow, too much, but then the rod is far more important in determining casting weight.   I cast from 2 to 4 oz comfortably and have done 6 oz, so with the right rod it can possibly work.
Cornelis