A San Mateo Sunrise

Started by El Pescador, April 30, 2020, 12:26:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

El Pescador

Woke up yesterday, only to see this in the sky!!!

Decided to head down the hill to fill the car with gas only to see this!!!!!

The building all lit up with the orange glow of the sunrise is the GoPro headquarters building on Clearview Way here in San Mateo, CA

And a close-up shot of the GoPro building

Also, the tall antenna you see in the middle of the building, that is the broadcast antenna for KCSM - JAZZ 91.

On a windless day, KCSM Jazz 91 could place a speaker outside their office window and I could hear it here at our home.

Wayne

Never let the skinny guys make the sandwiches!!  NEVER!!!!

Crow

Mother Nature seldom fails to impress !
There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

Rancanfish

You sir are showing off.  Since your fine county has restricted visits to only those within 5 miles of the beach.  ;D

I'm not too sure I want to hear a jazz station all the time. And why haven't I noticed hills before?
I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.

xjchad

Husband, Father, Fisherman

El Pescador

Quote from: Rancanfish on April 30, 2020, 02:21:44 PM
... Since your fine county has restricted visits to only those within 5 miles of the beach.  ;D

RanCan,

5 miles is NOTHING.  San Mateo County has opened SOME hiking trails, BUTT nothing on our beautiful coast.

I have asked Dominick to file a complaint against the 5-mile rule, BUTT we first have to wait FOR THE COURTS TO OPEN!!!!!

Have you visited this area before????

Wayne

gstours

Thanks for sharing your pictures mr. Wayne.   You are very lucky to have such nice weather and hope that you're having a bbq this week end.     Best of luck to you and your neighbors.   
    What's with the 5 miles rule mentioned?  Just wondering.   Grab your trout pole? 🤷‍♂️

Ron Jones

Lovely,
The brightest I've seen something like that is an Airstream trailer in the dessert, you have tocover your eyes!
The Man
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Donnyboat

Nice pics Wayne, does the 5 mile zone, have something to do with the C19 virus, our Gov over here, have placed zones on us, our area has a 200 Km zone, one way & 20 Km the other, Waynes stomping area, cheers Don. PS, how is your 349 progressing.
Don, or donnyboat

El Pescador

Quote from: gstours on April 30, 2020, 03:14:10 PM
     What's with the 5 miles rule mentioned?  Just wondering.   🤷‍♂️

Gary,

For us here, the rule LAW is 10 miles.  Meaning I cannot travel for non-essential reasons more than 10 miles from our home.  Here is our current reg:

NON-ESSENTIAL ACTIVITIES
WHY DOES THE COUNTY HAVE A 10-MILE LIMITATION FOR RECREATION?
The purpose of the Shelter in Place Order is to require all persons to stay at home or close to home to avoid getting infected and avoid infecting others. The modifications to the Shelter in Place Order were made to address local issues that appeared to be negatively impacting mitigation efforts, including people traveling to beaches and other outdoor recreation locations, resulting in crowds and a lack of social distancing. For our County, the Health Officer had concerns that recreational activities were unintentionally contributing to the spread. We are trying our best to balance personal freedoms against the limitations and restrictions that have been shown to be effective in flattening the curve. It is important that everyone limit recreation to what is permitted under the Order.

The Pacific coast from our home is 11 miles, DANG!!!!

Gary, you have the same 10-mile limit, but it is limited by the length of your roads, not the government!!!!

Good to hear from you.

Wayne

Dominick

That's what happens when you have a friend that's a lawyer.  I get asked all the time "May I sue...??"  My standard answer is "you can sue anybody for anything anytime.  Good luck."  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.