Cheapest Line Stripper Ever

Started by CaptainRMF, April 12, 2020, 05:56:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CaptainRMF

Hey Guys Hope everyone is OK and Safe. So since lock down happened finally redoing the reels my Dad left me 5yrs. ago. 18 assorted Peen Conventionals. Most had line on them. Stripped the first one by hand. That sucked. Got to be an easier way. Found two 1lb. containers of Locatelli cheese that were empty. Got a 4" carriage bolt, flat washers, lock washers and a wing nut from the shop. Hooked to my battery drill and Walah can strip a reel in less then a minute. Just thought I would share. Stay Safe.        Richy
Richy aka CaptainRMF

borchcl

Now, where did we put the "LIKE" button?   LIKE!
Regards,
Charlie

RowdyW

I just use the empiy line spools with a all thread rod through them.       Rudy

El Pescador

Captain,

Necessity IS the Mother of Invention...

Great idea for sure.

here is what I use.

And the Line OFF in use.

Take Care.

Wayne
Never let the skinny guys make the sandwiches!!  NEVER!!!!

CaptainRMF

Quote from: El Pescador on April 12, 2020, 06:32:08 PM
Captain,

Necessity IS the Mother of Invention...

Great idea for sure.

here is what I use.

Hey

And the Line OFF in use.

Take Care.

Wayne
Hey Wayne saw that one online awhile ago but never bought one. That's where I got my idea from !!! ;D                                                                                                                                      Richy
Richy aka CaptainRMF

SoCalAngler

Great idea.

Too bad this company went out of business. They made some pretty neat stuff for line removal, braid washing and spooling. This one must be at least 15 years old and looks and works like the day I got it.

Maxed Out

I'm old school on this subject. Removing and drying line was a must back in the days of linen line. Finding an old line dryer isn't that difficult, and most are very affordable. Best part is it's hand powered. They come in all shapes and sizes. For myself, bigger is better !!

Also easy to remove line from this contraption with sharp knife or scissors
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Gobi King

how about a trailer keel roller?
Shibs - aka The Gobi King
Fichigan

oldmanjoe

I also like using line dryers .   One turn equals 1 yard , Magnetic counter and i can remove the line by pulling two dowels.
Grandpa`s words of wisdom......Joey that thing between your shoulders is not a hat rack.....    use it.....
A mind is like a parachute, it only work`s  when it is open.......
The power of Observation   , It`s all about the Details ..
 Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.   Alto Mare

Cuttyhunker

If I'm going to heave the line, a juice or soda bottle with a 1/4 20 bolt through the cap for an axle, but only turn it tighty righty when stripping, lefty loosey unscrews it and sends the mess across the shop floor.   Made up a "line drier" for the line I want to save from an old hose reel headed to the dump, used a stiff wire mesh to enlarge the arbor. 6 turns = 7 yards.
Doomed from childhood