Missin Fishin

Started by Brandon G, April 18, 2020, 08:24:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brandon G

Hello!

I'm out of Port Orchard, WA and I'm stuck on lockdown!!
I am an "essential" worker so I am driving around most of the day, looking out my window at the sound and rivers. (Swerving only a little bit, I promise!)

I recently found a passion in collecting vintage lures, which spawned collecting vintage reels. Being a broke butt, I decided I wanted to look into fishing with my old reels.
Luckily they are all penn reels and easily serviceable.
Most are nearly mint and don't look to ever be fished. I am going to upgrade my Squidder 140 (it seems to be one of the early models by everything I have looked up so far)

Enough back story, I was curious to know if anybody has upgraded a Squidder and if this wrench would suffice in the disassembly/reassembly.
https://www.mysticparts.com/168-60-Wrench-P10561.aspx
Bryan is a great guy and explained which drag washer kits I should get rather than just buying the most expensive thing thinking it would be best. Talk about customer service....  :) :)

Tight Lines :)

oc1

mo65

Quote from: W1R3T4Penn on April 18, 2020, 08:24:32 PM
I was curious to know if anybody has upgraded a Squidder and if this wrench would suffice in the disassembly/reassembly.

Welcome aboard! Yes, that wrench should work just fine. Surf the Jigmaster/Surfmaster/Squidder section...you'll see tons of Squidder info. 8)
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

Brandon G

Quote from: mo65 on April 18, 2020, 08:38:58 PM
Quote from: W1R3T4Penn on April 18, 2020, 08:24:32 PM
I was curious to know if anybody has upgraded a Squidder and if this wrench would suffice in the disassembly/reassembly.

Welcome aboard! Yes, that wrench should work just fine. Surf the Jigmaster/Surfmaster/Squidder section...you'll see tons of Squidder info. 8)

Thank you! Is that the only wrench I will need?
Also, I am on a thread where this fella has an amazing knob on his squidder. This site is absolutely amazing. You are on that thread too haha

Crow

There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

Keta

Hi.
There is no reason the fishing in WA and the Columbia for OR fishermen  is closed to fishing.  You can't even cross the border and get a non resident licnse.

The wrench will work but it is a POS, Alan's are far better.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Brandon G

@Keta Yeah it is absolutely insane that they shut it all down.

Well, if it is a POS I will probably reconsider as I have a few reels I plan to service. I appreciate the tip!

Ron Jones

I'm up in Quilcene and work in Keyport. If you need any help just reach out and we'll take care of you.

Lee is absolutely correct, get one of Alan's wrenches and a good set of hollow ground screwdriver bits and you'll be all set.

You can spend a rediculous amount of money on a Squidder if you desire, but it doesn't take much to get them fishing.

The Man
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Brandon G

Heck yeah! That is awesome, you are so close! haha When this 'rona crap blows over we should go fishing sometime!

I was on mystic just adding replacement cosmetic parts for my 155 that is in pretty bad shape, and all of the sudden I'm at $80.. if only I could not flinch at such a small number! haha
My wife would kill me though. I gotta do it in steps... cover my tracks.. like Jason Bourne or James Bond... blame it on the dog somehow I don't know. It'll happen though.

witty1

Fishing opens back up May 5th!
Time go go buy your licenses!

Brandon G

Quote from: witty1 on April 28, 2020, 03:12:08 AM
Fishing opens back up May 5th!
Time go go buy your licenses!

Yeah, I saw that! I am going to probably buy my license in a few days and prepare my first trip to make it worth it. I just really really really hope its not flooded with people.
I know I can't tell someone not to fish, and all people deserve to fish, but I wish only dedicated fisherman were allowed to go fish first as I assume there are going to be a lot of people who haven't fished in years to decades are going to try to go fishing on the 5th.

Donnyboat

Hi Brandon, Sal make really good handles, if he has the time, & welcome from Sunny Western Australia, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

Brandon G

Quote from: Donnyboat on April 29, 2020, 01:41:38 AM
Hi Brandon, Sal make really good handles, if he has the time, & welcome from Sunny Western Australia, cheers Don.

Awesome! Nice to meet ya! Ill keep an eye out for Sal!