Screwdrivers - what size and where do you purchase them.

Started by lpquick, April 17, 2011, 07:05:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiddlerbasher

tincanary

Quote from: jcallaham on December 12, 2020, 12:14:13 PM
I have a new diawa tatula 300. I needed to get to the level wind pawl. Wow there are some different type screws holding this reel together! A blade type works but just barely. reading this thread  a posidriv might work. the screws are small,at 1st glance I thought squaredrive, then torx,no go. a  blade with a centering pin would work well .

Daiwa uses a proprietary screw head on their low profiles, but any high quality 4mm wide standard will get them out.  To complicate things, they use blue Loctite on them at the factory.  A cheap screwdriver will damage the head, so stay away from any Harbor Freight/no name Amazon screwdrivers.  I have a Wiha 4mm that works like a charm, and it's significantly cheaper than Daiwa's special 4mm screwdriver, by a long shot.  I believe Daiwa charges something like $35 for that one, and you can get a whole 8 driver kit of the Wiha screwdrivers for that.

jcallaham

Thanks for that info tincanary. yes, I got them out and back in with a blade,but it was nerve racking. So easy to slip and do damage.I will have to find a set of wiha's.