Starfire, Monday July 13th, 2020 - FULL!!!!!!!!

Started by alantani, June 09, 2020, 09:29:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

El Pescador

Alan,

I'm booked,

And staying at a local hotel for 2 nights.

Wayne
Never let the skinny guys make the sandwiches!!  NEVER!!!!

alantani

maybe check to see if someone wants to split a room!!!!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Vintage Offshore Tackle

If we can fill the boat with Ohana, I will bring a prize for the second biggest fish (not the biggest fish because that lucky guy will have already won the jackpot).

scrinch

I'd love to come, but I'll be driving back to Santa Rosa from the eastern Sierra on the evening of the 12th. Too much driving!

Have a great time! <*\\><

pjstevko

Sounds like this is gonna be a great trip with amazing people!!!!

I'm excited to have a chance at winning the "Golden Carp" trophy.....and that prize Randy is gonna offer up!!!!!

JoseCuervo

Alan, any chance you have some pics stashed away that could be used for a quick pictorial on how you rig whole squid for the monster lings all of the way down to the weight?

Rob

pjstevko

Someone text Jonathan and make sure he knows about the trip....I'm sure he could use a trip with the boys to get his mind off things....

alantani

Quote from: JoseCuervo on June 10, 2020, 07:27:43 PM
Alan, any chance you have some pics stashed away that could be used for a quick pictorial on how you rig whole squid for the monster lings all of the way down to the weight?

Rob

very simple.  medium weight rod and reel, 65 pound braid, swivel, 2-hook shrimpfly rig (i have a bunch), 1 pound weight.  hang a whole squid by the pointy end, send it down, count to five and get bit!!!!!   ;D

alantani

Quote from: pjstevko on June 10, 2020, 07:33:35 PM
Someone text Jonathan and make sure he knows about the trip....I'm sure he could use a trip with the boys to get his mind off things....

done!!!

JoseCuervo

Thanks. I thought you had a treble on with a longer leader.

Neilman

Three more spots and we've got a full alantani.com charter!!

alantani

yeah, the treble and j-hook trap rig is a single leader with a slider for the weight, set up like a carolina rig.  it's fine for shallow water.  for deep water, they get tangled up too much.  i'll have a bunch of trap rigs, also, though i doubt that we will use them.  

basically, bring a couple of medium weight rods and reels with 65 pound braid and a half dozen 1 pounds lead torpedo weights.  you'll do fine.  there will be no shortage of tackle.  

JoseCuervo

Quote from: alantani on June 10, 2020, 08:00:44 PM
yeah, the treble and j-hook trap rig is a single leader with a slider for the weight, set up like a carolina rig.  it's fine for shallow water.  for deep water, they get tangled up too much.  i'll have a bunch of trap rigs, also, though i doubt that we will use them.  

basically, bring a couple of medium weight rods and reels with 65 pound braid and a half dozen 1 pounds lead torpedo weights.  you'll do fine.  there will be no shortage of tackle.  

Say just for giggles that one was going to be on a combo trip out of HMB on Friday, and was looking for a pic of the treble and j-hook trap rig...

:o

Hardy Boy

Have fun guys !! Darn border still shut so no Canadians allowed !

Cheers:

Todd
Todd

theswimmer

In like Flynn !
Thanks for the invite Alan .....
Save me a spot to throw my cot in the back yard  ;D
This ought to be epic !
There is nothing like lying flat on your back on the deck, alone except for the helmsman aft at the wheel, silence except for the lapping of the sea against the side of the ship. At that time you can be equal to Ulysses and brother to him.

Errol Flynn