No I didn’t bring a raincoat

Started by gstours, July 10, 2020, 03:49:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gstours

As we got some summer rain yesterday in our rainforest a picture was captured of bald eagle 🦅 sitting on a pole that marks the edge of the channel of our little river at low tide. 
   Cooler than normal day butt that's ok.    Take care everyone.     :)

Ron Jones

That image can be seen in every direction from my house on the Olympic Peninsula right now. The PNW pigeons are out in force and everyone is complaining that the rain just REFUSES to give up. The going saying is that Green Peace must be PI$$ED! I fully understand that the local conditions do not reflect the state of the climate as a whole and we are all destroying our planet and should be sent directly to hell if such a place existed, please no lectures. :)
The Man
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Maxed Out

Ronny, last time I checked, you live in the midst of a tempurate rain forest that averages over 12 FEET of rain annually. Slugs and ducks are just a fact of peninsula life my friend.

Gary, it seems the eagles prefer inclement weather more than sunshine
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

El Pescador

Gary,

When Mary Jo, you and I walked down to the small river - boat launch area,

Someone was trying to extract the MV Kitten from the river mud.

I would have bet $$ the boat would have broken into two pieces when they raised the boat with the two straps around the hull.

And Dang if they did do it.

WHERE is the Kitten now?????

Wayne
Never let the skinny guys make the sandwiches!!  NEVER!!!!

gstours

Thanks,  the kitten was built here in our little town and it fished out of the river in the early days of Alaska rural life.  The owner of course got old and sold it to a couple of brothers that had no money, somewhat ambitious at times butt loved the bottle more than maintenance.
   Sadly it was allowed to do dry one winter and it froze hard splitting the caulking and the tide water seeped in and it sat in the mud for a few weeks.   Then it was pulled out, cribbed up, and never moved again.   I've got some pictures of it somewhere.   Thanks for the nice sunset 🌇 picture too.