I Get By With A Little Help From My Friends

Started by mo65, March 02, 2020, 07:43:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mo65

Once again, here I am posting a reel that materialized from parts gifted by members of this site. I had most of the big parts left over from a previous project. Wai(Porthos) graciously sent me the plates...which I'll add were perfect...like new! Most of the hardware (screws, springs, levers and such) are from the fantastic box of parts Ted(Maxed Out) sent me years ago. I'm still finding nuggets of gold from that load!
   Although the reel appears nearly mint, this one ain't bound fer no shelf! I'll probably be using this reel for situations requiring more line capacity than the narrow models I normally use. It's not a bone stock Monofil 26, it has a few upgrades. I used a bigger #24-66 handle, a heavier #30-66 stand, a #29L-150 spool, and a vintage steel main gear. With fresh HT-100s added, this dog is ready to hunt! 8)
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

basto

Hi Mo
Just turned AT on and saw this. What a great way to start the day. You have done a perfect job once again. Hope you catch some nice fish.
Greg
DAM Quick 3001      SHIMANO Spedmaster 3   Jigging Master PE5n

Crow

There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

Donnyboat

Nice Mike, you do great work with your gear, thanks for posting, keep well cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

Maxed Out

We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

festus

Looks like it came right out of the box from a tackle store in the 1970s.

Ron Jones

As much as I like the 180, if you can't use a Newell stand or Tib frame I think this is the way to go because of the 66 frame. What a great reel, I used to fish big flatheads in the Colorado off of bridges, that reel would be perfect.

The Man
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Sharkb8

Nice reel Mo hope you get some big fish on it

Kim

mo65

Thanks fellas. I came back and viewed the pics again...and you guys are right...that thing looks mint. You can bet when I fish it it will be wrapped in a sock and handled carefully. No trips through the rip rap...boat only for that ol' gal! 8)

Newell Nut

Very nice job. Sweet collector and very fish worthy.

Dwight

TongassFisher

Super clean!

Your posts are some of my favorite to look at/read!

I have a grey 25 that I need a stand for to finish, I've been on the hunt for 27 in the rose color but pretty much just strike out on finding/ purchasing one. Been watching on eBay off and on and it's not working out for me😂

mo65

Quote from: TongassFisher on March 05, 2020, 09:25:24 PM
Your posts are some of my favorite to look at/read!

Thanks so much! I enjoy making the posts, and the sharing of info and ideas. Much can be learned in these forums. One can go from opening a reel in fear...to opening them with complete confidence when aided by the Alan Tani website. 8)

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

Porthos

I am glad the plates are doing well in their new home with great potential for more future big catches to their credit.

Looking forward to pics of the fish (unless you've already posted some already...and I missed them 'cause I was mentally off-planet).