Albert's New Everol

Started by Shark Hunter, August 05, 2020, 03:41:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bryan Young

Wow, how did I miss this?  that's a beautiful reel!!!
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Shark Hunter

I'm just paying it forward. Something a Great Man taught me. ;)
Life is Good!

bhale1

Wow Daron...just saw this....
what an awesome example of the true Ohana spirit....
Pretty sure I know what "great  man " you are referring to, But, there are many of them here!, including you my friend! Way to lead by example,  and Im sure that "great man" is smiling down at you......Thanks for a boost in confidence that the Ohana spirit is still alive and well...
Brett

oc1

Quote from: Makule on December 09, 2020, 08:04:18 AMI expect to use it in January if not sooner. 
Take a picture when you do Albert.  We'll be right here..... waiting.   :)
-steve

Makule

Daron may not be Hawaiian or from Hawaii but he truly reflects the spirit of ohana as the Hawaiians meant it to be.

Quote from: bhale1 on December 12, 2020, 02:57:46 AM
Wow Daron...just saw this....
what an awesome example of the true Ohana spirit....
Pretty sure I know what "great  man " you are referring to, But, there are many of them here!, including you my friend! Way to lead by example,  and Im sure that "great man" is smiling down at you......Thanks for a boost in confidence that the Ohana spirit is still alive and well...
Brett
I used to be in a constant state of improvement.  Now I'm in a constant state of renovation.

TongassFisher

Shark Hunter

Yes, G26  ;D
Life is Good!

Benni3

Pouch pirates beware,,,, :o,,,,,,,, ;D

Makule

I used to be in a constant state of improvement.  Now I'm in a constant state of renovation.

steelfish

so, have the ohana green reel caught any fish yet?
The Baja Guy

Makule

Yes, a few kamanu (AKA rainbow runner or Hawaiian Salmon) https://drive.google.com/file/d/18HFVk2eznI4P9itC3_66mZGOSB4gHKON/view?usp=sharing

Notice the hook is not in the mouth.  This particular hook seems to catch the eye quite frequently (3x) and sometimes on other parts of the body.  The fish is only about 4 pounds.

Haven't gotten any large strikes yet except for a 50 footer.  It was white and blue.  Made the reel scream until it finally stopped and I tightened the drag (but took the rod out of the holder when the butt started to bend).  Sat on the ground, put the rod straight, and held on to the spool to prevent any more line from going out.  Eventually, it got away and I got everything back, bait included.

Quote from: steelfish on August 17, 2021, 06:42:30 PM
so, have the ohana green reel caught any fish yet?