Marin Coast Salmon slugfest

Started by David Hall, August 17, 2020, 08:02:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiddlerbasher

David Hall

Quote from: Hardy Boy on August 18, 2020, 03:22:20 AM
Nice looking fish Dave !! Looks so good you might have been fishing up here ...... except for the 94 degree heat ............... we would die !!

Cheers:

Todd

It wasnt quite 94 Todd just a balmy 78 with thunder lightning and rain most of the day, and 40MPH wind gusts every now and then.

mo65

Thanks for the ride along...great lookin' catches! 8)
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

jzumi

Congrats on the great day! 

Quote from: David Hall on August 17, 2020, 09:17:41 PM
so I'm thinking hot rod jiggy must have 65#, and no leader! Straight to the lure with 65 pound braid, it's a new ballgame now folks, I cranked the drag down as far as it would go and squeezed my thumb on the spool and lifted as hard as I could then grabbed two or three quick wraps on the reel, repeat, repeat, repeat, I fought this fish like it was an albacore

I would have worried about the leader as I usually use 30 lb fluoro

Benni3

What kind of rod and reel did you use,,,,,, ;D

JoseCuervo

Quote from: Benni3 on August 19, 2020, 02:12:25 AM
What kind of rod and reel did you use,,,,,, ;D

Gear was an old stand by, the venerable Ugly Stik Tiger and a tankish Jigmaster. Cortez plates / Tiburon frame / power handle. Tani'd drags and service by myself (CF and Cal's, light grease everywhere). The stick is a decade old or so. The reel went together early last season. Alan spooled the 29L-500 while on a Beachmaster 250 with shot gears at some point early on. I have a newer Ugly Stik but I like the older one better. Nicer colors and guides. It was nice to see Dave work it like he did, I don't think you could break it on purpose. Run the gear you have!  8)

Rob

Gfish

Cool. My last purchase before they shut down the local K-Mart was that rod. Seems to be real good quality for the price.
All right David and Jose! Workin it serious-like. Got to live vicariously through your adventures especially with those great photos and the narrative.
Boss shut me down for fishin today and rest of week cause the State finally made their snap decisions on how to start the school season. "Tomorrow? Boss yer killin me here, I'm all ready to go in the morning!" Alota Yellowfin are being caught now.
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

Benni3

MeanMachine

Donnyboat

Thanks Dave great report, & details, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

JoseCuervo

I think this is my favorite pic from that day. I am still reliving it. Thanks again to Dave, a great skipper and an even better friend.