DAM Quick 5001

Started by sandbar, August 29, 2020, 09:53:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

foakes

Quote from: Aiala on August 30, 2020, 07:36:32 PM
Quote from: Rivverrat on August 30, 2020, 06:24:14 PM
]Oh, no no... Aiala is just speaking of the appreciation some have for a vintage reel just as it came from the box... Jeff 

Jeff, exactly so.   :)

~A~

Same as Aiala, here --

Just wanted to make sure it got a good home.

When I get some time from rebuilds and restores on the bench -- I will probably put a few of these together out of new old stock parts.

Jeff will put this reel to good use on some big uglies.

Best, Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Benni3

Ok I'm thinking about putting carbon fiber drag washers in one,,,, ;) how much drag can I get,,,,, ;D20230607_230326.jpg

Brewcrafter

One of Fred's 5001's is going with me on the RP 8 day next Wednesday...-john

thorhammer

Quote from: Benni3 on June 08, 2023, 03:04:21 AMOk I'm thinking about putting carbon fiber drag washers in one,,,, ;) how much drag can I get,,,,, ;D20230607_230326.jpg

Wayne kindly sent me one from Fred, it's a flat out beast and I would use it on anything I might use 9500SS for, including 80 lb braid grouper fishing.