Rudy's (RowdyW) Silverado with the Midas touch collection

Started by conchydong, April 15, 2021, 12:27:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TongassFisher

I like your choice in silver. The anodized colored reels are pretty to look at but I can keep them looking good after a season of fishing because they develop dings from use. Like you I run silver if I can, silver ages the best.

Cuttyhunker

I have a few blackie alum spools, you should be able to, with the help of this crew find a source to get them anodized silver.....just a thought. Yours if the anodizing works for you.
Doomed from childhood

Crow

There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

RowdyW

Quote from: Cuttyhunker on April 22, 2021, 08:20:00 AM
I have a few blackie alum spools, you should be able to, with the help of this crew find a source to get them anodized silver.....just a thought. Yours if the anodizing works for you.
From what I understand the shafts have to be removed for stripping and reanodizeing. That's what Ted told me when he had a couple of rod clamps stripped for me for reanodizeing. I'm getting a silver HLW spool through Randy from Tiburon. Tiburon does not make spools for the standard H model. Thanks for the offer though.

Rocket Dog

Wow, a lot of time and love when into building them for sure. I like them offset handles.

RowdyW

Offset aluminum handle arms are available from Black Pearl in silver, red, & black.

basto

Spectacular set of reels. Congratulations on a job well done.
Greg
DAM Quick 3001      SHIMANO Spedmaster 3   Jigging Master PE5n