spots open......

Started by alantani, September 12, 2020, 05:09:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alantani

due to some unexpected cancellations, we have eight (yes, count 'em, eight) open spots for our 8-day charter on the spirit of adventure. october 2-10, 2020.  covid has really taken its' toll.  if anyone is interested, please contact me.  the trip is going to be little under $3k if we get enough people.  even though it's less than three weeks away, i am still hoping to make this trip happen.  thanks for considering.  alan
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

natch!

I'm back on the boat, sent my check to Alan this morning. I'm nearly positive my co-worker Max will be joining us.

Jack

alantani

good news.  rick berg will be joining us, as well as duane winter and maybe bobbie haskell. 

sadly, now my brother ed has to bow out.  ed is a satellite engineer and they had a QA guy get symptomatic, then fly round trip somewhere, then come to work, and then test positive for covid.  idiot.  now the company has taken a hard line and requiring a 14 day quarantine for anyone going nearly anywhere besides home, work and the immediate areas in between.  this idiot ruined it for everyone. 

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Maxed Out

Does this trip require a passport ? I just noticed mind is expired.
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Keta

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

alantani

It does, but we have one guy that will be on board with an expired passport, so it should be workable.

Keta

Now who would learn their passport was expired this close to the day we leave....  ;D.   

Fortunately the expedited renewal went well and I got to spend a day dodging homeless drug addicts on the sidewalk and a nice visit to Golden Gate Park.

Mark Twain

Bill B

Good luck guys, hope you slap 'me. Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

phil1841

Crazy to hear you guys are light now - but understandable with all the turmoil over Covid.  I decided late (mid-summer) to get on a Fall trip - personally prefer late September or early October and avoid the cow-chase which often happens late October into November.  Nothing wrong with chasing cows - just not my personal favorite.  At the time there were very few 8-10 day openings with Alan's charter full as normal.  Fortunately, I did get a spot on the Spirit of Adventure 10-day which leaves on the the day you guys return.  Wish I would have known about your opening - you guys sound like a fun bunch to fish with.  My first trip on the boat - have been a long-time Royal Star regular but they are not doing early 10-day trips this year.  Looking forward to experiencing the Spirit of Adventure.

I am confident you guys will find a way to get out - and you will have a great trip.  We'll see you at the landing - and hope you have a second to pass on some tips on what was hot during your trip. 

Good Luck everyone.

alantani

we are up to 19.  need one more at least......   :-\

AEM

You should have a good time. The fishing out of San Diego is great right now. I pulled in a 150 lb. and a 206 lb. bluefin last week on a 4day charter. Flat falls and kite with flying fish were working. There were two fish over 300 lb. landed. Yellowtail fishing was slow.