Increase Your Shop Efficiency & Make a Couple of Points with the Wife!

Started by foakes, November 04, 2020, 10:48:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

foakes

Costco has these packages of Creme Brûlée —

And they come in extremely useful and high quality wide, flat GLASS containers.

After making your wife happy with a little dessert — the containers are the most useful I have ever found for reel work.

Greases, oil, even a platform when putting a reel back together.

I am sure there are many other uses for these also.

Best, Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

philaroman

nice...  if oven-safe Pyrex (might be, for a broiled custard),
they're worth more than original contents
pro-size, though  ;D  for low-volume amateurs
some makeup & fancy skin-care comes in
SERIOUSLY thick glass w/ good lids
capers are good for tall skinny jars

also, if Creme Brûlée goes over well
it's a great excuse to get a mini-torch
that's the modern trend for caramelizing the top
(rather than in the oven, in a water-bath...  PITA for just two)

wfjord

I could use a few of those for lots of things.  I've used various containers as a work platform for certain reels, but not as perfectly sized as that one.

Ron Jones

I think we have about 50 of them. They are great, but I need to figure out a lid solution. I'm considering 3D printing.
The Man
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

oc1

Ramakins.  You can get plastic lids for the white ceramic ones.
-s

gstours

Thanks for reminding me of my negligence....  Ive used these around the shop and house for several years and have found similar uses for them.   I even thought of posting something here butt thought it was not interesting enough.   am i bad?    ???

foakes

Quote from: gstours on November 06, 2020, 02:34:32 PM
Thanks for reminding me of my negligence....  Ive used these around the shop and house for several years and have found similar uses for them.   I even thought of posting something here butt thought it was not interesting enough.   am i bad?    ???

No, your very clever, Gary...

You have probably forgotten more about good reel mechanic shortcuts than I will ever learn.  And you haven't forgotten much!

Best, Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.