Salvatore D. Ciarlante

Started by alantani, October 14, 2020, 03:07:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sharkman

This site allows us to meet great people. Sal was one of those great people. Rest in peace

whalebreath

RIP Sal-you contributed so much.

broadway

Hey Alan, I'll see you there in the spring.  Maybe Dominick and some others can come and make a weekend of memorializing Sal.
Best,
Dom

alantani

several of us are planning to come out. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Penn Chronology

Sal is also being honored on the Vintage Penn Reels page on Facebook. He was loved in many different places. I still can't believe he is gone.

oldmanjoe

I did not know Sal personally, only through his postings .      As  i read his obituary , i find he shared a birthday with one of my brothers "Larry "and shared the same  passing day as another brother of mine "Eddie " .    Rest Peacefully my Spirit Friend
Grandpa`s words of wisdom......Joey that thing between your shoulders is not a hat rack.....    use it.....
A mind is like a parachute, it only work`s  when it is open.......
The power of Observation   , It`s all about the Details ..
 Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.   Alto Mare

Newell Nut

Quote from: Penn Chronology on October 19, 2020, 05:44:31 AM
Sal is also being honored on the Vintage Penn Reels page on Facebook. He was loved in many different places. I still can't believe he is gone.

This picture shows a change of sorts. Several months ago Sal asked me who I got my Newell parts from and I let him know. He suddenly started buying colored Newells NIB. Last year Sal tanked a 9/0 for me and then soon after another. Prior to going in the hospital Sal completed a 10/0 that he wanted me to test on goliath groupers. Have not hooked one since I got the reel. A few weeks ago I got a good deal on a couple 12/0 reels in sweet condition. If not for Sal's influence I would never desire to have a 12/0 or a 10/0. Sal and I horse traded a lot of reels the past few years. What an amazing man to influence so many people whom he had never met except through our site. A great friend whom we all shall miss dearly. One of a kind special people. RIP my friend.

Dwight

xjchad

Ugh, I still don't know what to say  :'(

Ted emailed me to let me know right away.  I've been on here a few times reading all the posts, know I need and want to write something.

Word just fail me.  I don't know how to express what I think or feel very well.  I'm so thankful for ALL of you guys on here who've given so much to me.  Not just reels or fishing, but life lessons and advice. Kind words and prayers.

Sal connected with right from the start and helped me learn a lot really fast.  Giving advice and ideas to help me refine and expand my own.  He is a great role model.  Someone to look up to on how to live with generosity, integrity, and work ethic. 

Thank you Sal, I wish I could have met you in person.  I will miss you.
Husband, Father, Fisherman

Eddie K

I just saw the notice of Sal Ciarlante's passing.  Alan, thank you for posting this unfortunate event.  I did not know Sal personally, however, the world is a sadder place without him.  Sal was generous with his time and knowledge for everyone here on at.com.  He would always help out someone with a problem with a reel and finding a solution.  Sal would "torture test" experimental parts until they failed, all for our benefit.  He helped all of us here to be better, by leading by example.  He will be missed, but not forgotten.

My condolences to his family.

mizmo67

I love that you made Sal his own section. This is supremely fitting! Thanks guys.
~Mo

Maureen Albertson :)
Scott's Bait & Tackle / Mystic Reel Parts (Formerly PennParts.com)
Contact Me Via Store Website Please!
Orders/Support# +1 (609) 488-4637 (parts ordering or troubleshooting)
customerservice@mysticparts.com

oc1

Quote from: mizmo67 on October 24, 2020, 06:08:10 PM
I love that you made Sal his own section.

I hadn't even noticed that.  But yeah, it was a good idea.
-s

mmayo

Sal ALWAYS had a kind word. This is very sad indeed.
Kites fly the highest against the wind, not with it.

Benni3

Uncle sal told me about how he climbed up on the roofs at his small town in Italy and ran across them,,,,,, ;) just having some fun back then,,,,, :o but that was the best of times,,,, :D most repeat my friend,,,,,,,, ;D

El Pescador

THANK YOU Tom for posting Sal's photo on your Website - CortezConversions.com  - YOU ARE A GOOD MAN!!!

I just hopped on your site to look for a few items, only to see this!!!!

You honor Sal by keeping his memory front and center.

Sal touched all our lives, and individually we all Honor Sal by speaking his name and the great effect he had on each of us.

Bless you,

Wayne
Never let the skinny guys make the sandwiches!!  NEVER!!!!

bhale1