Salvatore D. Ciarlante

Started by alantani, October 14, 2020, 03:07:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cathy Ciarlante

Hello to everyone,

I realized something that I wanted very much to share with you all on this amazing site. I know that this is a site dedicated to folks who love all things fishing and so I apologize that my posts have been only personal. Of course all of Sal's family enjoys fishing (it was kind of a given with him as a husband and father!) and I hope that someday we will have tales about the one that got away, to share with you all.

As such, today I wanted you all to know that I realized it's when I am feeling the most sad, and most overwhelmed by the incredible grief, that I come to this site to read the lovely notes and look at the lovely faces of the kind people who have helped my family see some glimmer of light, in these dark, dark days! I know that most of you haven't even had the chance to meet Sal in person but the connections that he made with you were very real and very personal! He ALWAYS talked about how much he wanted to have all of his friends, from this site, come to our home and visit with us and, of course, share some food and drink!

Again, as this very painful (for so many) year comes to an end, I want you all to know, once again, how very grateful Alyssa, Anthony and I are for your love and support! I wish you all a healthy new year filled with peace and joy.

With so much gratitude and love,
Cathy Ciarlante (always and forever proud to be Mrs. Sal Ciarlante)

foakes

Thanks, Cathy —

Sal sure married a classy lady!

We appreciate your continued contact with this group of folks.

The best to your family as you move into a New Year.

Not to be repeating, or corny — but if there is anything that might be helpful — just let us know on the site, or personally with a PM or a phone call.  It will be taken care of quickly.

Best Regards,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

broadway

As always, great to here from you, Cathy.  Sal would just love that you come on to say hi to all of us, as you're right on, he did love it here.  It was obvious because he was one of the first to comment and help out when someone had an issue.
Behind every good man is a great woman... just sayin'
Stay healthy and kisses to the family.
Sal's pal and yours,
Dom

broadway

Tom,
  Sal would be happy you came back to us... hope it's to stay.
You were one of the originals when I came on in 2010.
Hope you're staying healthy and well.
Best,
Dom

Cathy Ciarlante

Good morning Alan Tani Family,

I just wanted to touch base with you all, as I have not be able to check-in recently. At the risk of sounding completely goofy, I find so much comfort on this site because it was so important to my Sal and so I am sad that I haven't been able to log in more often!

I hope that you are all doing well, staying safe and finding lots of ways to find joy in this virtual environment! I hope that the fishing is going well, for those of you who are not snowed/iced in, as we are here on the East Coast!

Unfortunately, my only brother has been moved to hospice recently, and I have been splitting my time between visiting him and caring for our 88-year-old mother (who he lived with until he went into the hospital). I don't know if Sal shared the fact that he and my brother were diagnosed with cancer, only 17 days apart. These past two years have really been so terrible for my family. My brother is only one year older than Sal. I must admit that, knowing he will never return home again, makes visits with my brother so very difficult and with all of this coming just on the heels of losing my husband, best friend and the true love of my life, it's traumatizing for me (and Alyssa and Anthony, too!).

I wish that I had better news to report, from the Ciarlante home, but I know that better days are on the horizon and my Sal will help us all to get through these troubling times! I know that he is here with us and he is watching over us. He cared very much for my brother and I know that he is preparing a place in paradise for him.

I will continue to visit this site and stay in touch because you are all important to me, too! Sending love and good wishes from PA!

All my best,
Cathy

Hardy Boy

Cathy: You take care of your family (the most important). This family will always be here as we aren't going anywhere. Thanks for the check in.

You take care and all the best to you and your family.

Todd
Todd

Donnyboat

Thanks for touching base with us Cathy, life has sure been hard for you in 2020 & into 2021, yes there will be better things ahead, never as good as was though, please keep well stay safe, cheers Pat & Don.
Don, or donnyboat

alantani

cathy, thank you so much for getting back to us.  it's hard to read something like this, must be even harder to write, but thank you for keeping us updated.  don't worry if you get busy.  we'll all certainly understand.  i'm looking forward very much to the time when we can all travel safely again and pay our respects to you and your family properly.  best wishes always, alan
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Swami805

So sorry to hear more sad news, I'm sure your brother takes great comfort in you being there for him and watching over your mom.
Do what you can with that you have where you are

oldmanjoe

Caterina     Keep your chin up, GOD has a plan , you will be in our thoughts and prayers ..
Grandpa`s words of wisdom......Joey that thing between your shoulders is not a hat rack.....    use it.....
A mind is like a parachute, it only work`s  when it is open.......
The power of Observation   , It`s all about the Details ..
 Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.   Alto Mare

foakes

Hi Cathy —

Strength, faith, and family are seldom easy — lots of hills and mountains.

You and your family are an inspiration to all of us.

We wish for better days ahead. 

Sal is working in all of us.

Thanks for sharing during these tough times.

Best Always,

Fred & Sue
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

redsetta

You're all in our thoughts Cathy - so sorry you're facing such a difficult time.
I believe our loved ones are here with us and watch over us.
A bit of Sal certainly lives on in all of us!
Sending love and best wishes from the Walshes in Aotearoa.
Sincerely, Justin
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

broadway

Cathy, If you ever need strength you have us all here for you, as you have been here for all of us.
We, of the Ohana, are here for one another pretty much at all times as we cover all the world's time zones and look out for one another.
Granted, we do have our guardian angels, Sal, and a few other members we've sadly lost over the years looking over all of us.
Now that I think of it we have lost some really great members in our Ohana... we miss you guys!
Thanks for posting, Cathy! When I see your post it makes me feel that I still have a pal in H-town, PA.
My love to you, Anthony, and Alyssa.
Hang in there,
Dom
PS- Lucky for your brother, Sal will have a seat at the table ready for him when his time comes.

Dominick

Wow!  Cathy, we are sorry to hear of your continuing troubles.  It is a little contrite to say that things will get better while you are balancing and sharing your time.  Do realize that things will indeed get better.  Despite the hard times you are enduring take a look back and know that life will go on.  Believe me it will go on to a point of contentment if not one of joy.  It just takes time.  All my best to you and the kids.  Dominick.
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Rancanfish

Hope you find the peace and solitude you need to get thru these times.  There will be better days for you.
I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.