Why is there no Long Beach 64?

Started by broadway, November 03, 2020, 04:38:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

broadway

I'm sure I'm not the first to ask this question, but I can't find an answer.
If there is a LB 60, 61, 62, 63... 65, 66, 67, and 68 then why no LB 64?
...Or was there one in the works that never panned out?
Thanks,
Dom

Maxed Out

Good question Dom

A person could ask same question about why was there no 175 ??

There's a 155,160,165,170,180,185,190

In my book there is a paragraph about the lb64. Take a 60 or 65 and install 3/0 spool and jigmaster 500 seat and posts. There you have it, a long beach 64  :D
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

broadway

Okay, so let's include the 175 in this discussion.  Why isn't there one?
I have to assume there was something in the works for the 175 and the 64 but something must not have panned out.
Yo no se, but I am curious!
Anyone,
Dom
Ted, if you were around as an advisor to Otto back in the day  we would have some crazy reels.

Ron Jones

It would be between the 501 and the jigmaster, like the Del Mar right? A Del Mar width small diameter reel?
The Man
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

broadway

Ron, it would essentially be a 275 yard Long Beach.
I'm just curious why the skipping of certain numbers. I believe there's something behind that.
Thanks for commenting,
Dom

Dominick

I dunno, but I am bad at math also.   :D  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Ron Jones

I still haven't memorized the yardage to new number size as I am concerned about fishing more than collecting. The way I see it, there is a 100/146/180 frame on small, Jigmaster, some 4/0 etc. sideplates and then the medium, wide etc.. The 3/0 has the weird size of the 185/60, which is between the 99 and 501. I'm thinking the 175 would be a 185 width Beachmaster (or Baymaster as your only 5 from each.) If that works out to 275 yards with a 3/0 side plate then we're using a common symbol set. I could see it being a great size. The 100 spool holds 300 yards of 60# hollow braid to the absolute top if the Boss puts it on, the slightly wider spool would give you room for a top shot.

The Man
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"