Could a place like this make Penn 113h 4:1 gears

Started by seaeagle2, December 29, 2011, 05:19:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taily

If they are helical cut 4:1 stainless for the 113H I'll take 10 sets - yes TEN.... (even more if we can organise some interest here in Australia/NZ from other forum members etc - I know East Island Justin was looking for some a while back) - I'm quite happy to spot the freight as well to kick it off as long as it generates enough interest down here (to cover costs only for forum members) if you're looking for EOI's on them...

Let me know how much, where and when.....  ;D

Regards,

Dave.
Nunc est bibendum....

CooldadE

Quote from: Rare on December 30, 2011, 11:44:42 AM
Doesnt even have to be 500- For 250 is still a good deal

20  $135.97ea  2 weeks       500  $27.50ea  4 weeks 
50  $69.90ea  2 weeks       1000  $23.95ea  100/month 
100  $48.50ea  4 weeks       2500  $17.63ea  100/month 
250  $36.88ea  5 weeks       5000  $9.99ea  250/month

Are these projected prices per 500 each as in $27.50 for the main gear and $27.50 for the pinion gear ? For a $55.00 price per set ?
I would rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6...

broadway

I'll be speaking to Rush and a few others next week, and will certainly keep you guys posted on my findings.
Dom

snagger

im in for two sets right now........you guys could start a little business if you had financial backing ..........or you could possibly convince rush gears to start producing if you could show them a number of orders that you could fill immediately..........also there are other reels that could use different gear ratios

Alto Mare

Dom, ask about the 3.25:1 for the 114H...I've been looking for a couple of years now. Those are the ones that I'm really after ;) but the 113H 4:1 would also be a good thing.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

broadway

Will do!
Did you see the set of accurates (3.25:1) that went for $140 on Ebay, as snagger said ???  I watched that from day one, and the bids were crazy from the jump... they really didn't change much since the first day to the end of bidding...Ouch!
Let ya know bro,
Dom

Alto Mare

Dom, I also had my sights set on those gears. I was tempted, but I'm not that crazy. I'm sure  the seller didn't know if the gears mesh properly... they were used after all. For a $140, I'm hoping that they do mesh, it could be a nightmare if they don't. Later bro.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Alan J

I'm interested in  gears for both left and right handed 113hs