LIFEPO4 - lithium battery

Started by Gobi King, November 20, 2020, 05:48:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Donnyboat

Dominick, not very often your right, but your right again, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

Gobi King

hmm, I need to take some off my starbucks funds and move it to "batt charging funds"  ;D

happiness comes from having charged batteries...and happy ending!
Shibs - aka The Gobi King
Fichigan

Gobi King

I bought a few little OTS lithium 12 batts,

Little 6 AH LIFEPO4 batts are small and light, ones in the pic.
I am going to make small belt holder for it and put on a xt60 connection.
Primary use will be for the electric daiwa tanacom.

Hardy, these reels are LOUD, Holi mother of loud reels, I don't think grandma or the girls will let me use em on the boat.

Next, I will do a draw test on the reel to figure out consumption, as soon as I get my ear plugs from the shooting bag :-).
Fichigan

boon

I looked at those little LIFEPO4 packs for using with my electric, the max current draw on the reel was like.... 10 times the maximum rated output of the battery pack. Overcurrent with these things = heat, no thanks.

EDIT: Tanacom 1000 max draw = 30A. If the LiFePo can do that without packing a massive sad I'll be stunned.

Gobi King

Quote from: boon on January 04, 2021, 05:22:10 AM
I looked at those little LIFEPO4 packs for using with my electric, the max current draw on the reel was like.... 10 times the maximum rated output of the battery pack. Overcurrent with these things = heat, no thanks.

EDIT: Tanacom 1000 max draw = 30A. If the LiFePo can do that without packing a massive sad I'll be stunned.

Boon,
It all depends on:
1. What cells are in the pack
2. BMS max current cap

Most cells can do 1C continuous without breaking a sweat.
Some are rated for more, like the ones with letter "P" at the end.

I have to dig up my specs on the cells and the BMS on the batt.

Yes, Tanacom specs say 30A max, to confirm it, I bought a few gadgets I can connect the reel to and the batt on the other end and see volts/amps in realtime.
I have to put on my line and reel up a 5lb weight to simulate load :-)
Fichigan