ISO Shimano FX-B500 parts

Started by Brandon G, January 11, 2021, 05:11:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wolli

the shematics list of the FX series

www.reelschematic.com/reel-schematics/shimano-reel-schematics/shimano-fx-series-schematics/#gsc.tab=0
love jigging    www.jupiter-sunrise-lodge.com/de/
Authorized Jigging Master Service Partner (in Germany)

Brandon G

Quote from: philaroman on January 15, 2021, 10:50:35 PM
sorry, was waiting for Custom-X photo and forgot about you
Its okay, lots of people forget about me. Parents left me in a walmart for 3 days on accident as a kid.

schematics for MLZ are under miscellaneous (odd short-lived models):
https://www.reelschematic.com/reel-schematics/shimano-reel-schematics/shimano-misc-schematics/#gsc.tab=0
don't know why you "like the MLZ and wanted the ultralite"...  still have most parts for a clean MLX-20
heavy, clunky ML/M with bad drag, IMO --  I parted it out just for the brass bushings & some A/R parts
could prob. combine it w/ your MLZ, for a nice 3-bearing gearbox/body, but spool/drag design inherently SUCKS!
I just like the fact that it its tiny. I haven't used it so I don't know how it is out in the reel world... haha I just need some smaller cap. reels

also, don't know why you thought, "I believe it is the mid 90's smaller 500", about the above beast -- schematics say '88:
Well, to me, it isn't a "large" reel by any means, so I figured it couldn't be that... like I said before, I'm very new to Shimano reels. .... but as I lay these two reels side by side they are almost the same size... so this guy is big. .. my bad.

I will take the additional photos shortly, my phone is nearly dead so I'm charging it. *sigh*
Tight Lines :)

Brandon G

Here is the Custom with the side plate off.
I hope this is what you wanted to see.. if not I will tear it apart again.
Tight Lines :)