Do I have a Harnell/Harrington here?

Started by Cuttyhunker, January 08, 2021, 04:14:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cuttyhunker

I just picked up a 116A 10/0 Senator that I posted on the "as you find them" thread, but looking at the rod, I'm wondering if it may be the better part of the deal.  78 1/4" overall, 19" Butt, 61 3/8" ferrule to tip, 1" ferrule, AFTCO roller guides, I can't find any makers marks or decals on any of the components  except the guides.  Lot's of green corrosion, and some mouse nibbles on the cork.  I would appreciate any thoughts.  Thanks
Doomed from childhood

thorhammer

looks to me like custom wrap on a Magnaflex out of Fla. I I might have something similar, will check in attic and see if theres a label still there. I havent seen a stock Harnell in those colors.

John

Cuttyhunker

It did come out of Hernando County in Fla.
Doomed from childhood

thorhammer

Possibly St Croix also- I've picked up some of those beaten to crap over the years; stripped, sanded the blank, cork, and wood, vinegar baking soda all chrome and guides (full disassembly), rattle can the blank in black and rewrap in red / gold / or red / silver to match any misc. Penn I had laying around. Good for another 20 years of bottom bouncing. Your looks like a good cleaning would be worth leaving as-is correct tho. The ones i rewrapped had threads raveling, gouges, missing rollers, etc.

Cuttyhunker

St Croix would be nice..........
I'm going to put some feelers out on ORCA too
Thanks for the info
Bob
Doomed from childhood

thorhammer

I'm leaning to St Croix. 10/0 is always on anything tho.