Replacement TranX 500 handle

Started by MarkT, January 07, 2021, 09:59:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarkT

A Torium handle fits fine! Even when it's upside down!

When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

boon

Amazing how many Shimano handles fit on other reels. This suggests you could probably even use the T-bar power handle from a Torium 16PG, although it would be arguably unsuitable for a reel that size.

MarkT

Here it is with a Stella 18k knob on the Torium handle.  I put the Torium knob on the original TranX handle since it isn't white! At this point I think it as good as it gets! It's Friday night and after 5pm, so I'm having a crown and diet in a Waterford crystal old fashion glass! It's an expensive bait caster made more so with an upgraded handle and knob so it, and me (mostly me!), deserve the best! I hope the Wahoo appreciate the effort, and expense, I've gone through for them!

JK47

Quote from: boon on January 08, 2021, 10:22:27 PM
Amazing how many Shimano handles fit on other reels. This suggests you could probably even use the T-bar power handle from a Torium 16PG, although it would be arguably unsuitable for a reel that size.
I tried the T-bar and mini T-bar from the PG Torium and an Ocea Jigger on a Talica 16 II I had, neither quite fit...

Cor

I had this blue Chinese knob on my Tranx for a while, looked quite nice.   Unfortunately I never took a picture.    Ill replace it again sometime and post it.
Only thing is my Tranxes are now so battered, I rather don't want to show them. :-\
Cornelis

MarkT

Yeah, that Shimano finish is pretty, thin and fragile. But it isn't really intended to last past the front door of the shop where you bought it! You look at it, um pretty!,  you turn the handle, wow smooth, you buy it.. then it's all on you! Both of my TranX 500s and my 300 still look pretty good after a bunch of long range trips but I'm careful and lucky!

boon

Quote from: JK47 on January 09, 2021, 04:13:20 AM
Quote from: boon on January 08, 2021, 10:22:27 PM
I tried the T-bar and mini T-bar from the PG Torium and an Ocea Jigger on a Talica 16 II I had, neither quite fit...

The solution for all 2-speed Talicas size 12 upward is the Talica 50 handle+arm. Unless you want to jig with it...

steelfish

Quote from: Cor on January 09, 2021, 05:24:25 AM
I had this blue Chinese knob on my Tranx for a while, looked quite nice.   Unfortunately I never took a picture.    Ill replace it again sometime and post it.
Only thing is my Tranxes are now so battered, I rather don't want to show them. :-\

I have seen the handle arms with two or three holes for different lengths adjustments but this is the 1st time seeing two holes for the knob adjustment!!   8) 8)  nice thinking..
The Baja Guy