A General Question.....Really !

Started by Mic, February 16, 2021, 04:25:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mic

Quote from: Brewcrafter on February 16, 2021, 09:44:15 PM
Maybe a quick pow wow as well with reputable local charter operations?  Most all have "boat tackle" and "recommended to bring" and they will most likely be totally up on current trends, including terminal tackle (hot troller lures, etc).  I did glance at the Texas State Records and was pretty blown away that yes, there are (or were) some MONSTER tuna there.  But those records were for the most part caught in the last century, so maybe currently investing in/going packed for "giants" might not be the best "bang for the buck".  It's always nice to have that beefy rig (and I listened to The Boss and have a UC Viper/VISX20 combo - really nice!) but to be honest it sees more time in the rack on my San Diego trips as opposed to my Torque 25NLD2 or Avet JX6/3, which paired with UC Centaur would make a nice "50-100" rig even though you are fishing at the upper end of those reels. - john

Thanks John

Sound advice Sir !

I've been back tracking, reading and searching these thoughts and opinions. Man, there are some real power systems recommended

Yes Sir,
I've heard there used to be some big pigs come through the Gulf from time to time. Maybe their still there, maybe not....

Large thanks !